Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a "04 Tacoma and fixing to buy the Tuff Country 5" lift. They are saying that the max tire size is 33". I was wondering if you could run a larger 35"

Sabine

·
Registered
695 Posts
I am running 35's with only about 5" of lift. If you don't like the way it fits, just put a small body lift on, and if you are going to put a body lift on, might as well just go with the 3". I only put a 2" body on my truck because at the time I had heard nothing but bad about body lifts, now that I have one and know that a good body lift is nothing to be afraid of, I wish I would have put the 3" on. But to fit the 35's with my 5" I did have to use the lovely saw-z-all and remove the pinchweld in the front. If you have more questions, let me know. Where are you located at? Ohh and I would go with the Fabtech 6" also, but it is your truck so do what you want, not me....

·
Registered
545 Posts
What would be truly sick is to add the 35"s with no lift at all :mrgreen: I mean you can't have that many payments left anyways :firedevi:

I keep threatening my wife that I will do that very thing on her 02 Nissan frontier.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is the Tuff Country lift crap. I'm new to lifting trucks. I seen the Fabtech, but it was like $600 more. I guess you pay for what you get!

I've looked for a body lift for the '04 Tacoma and cannot find one. Do ya'll know of any?

Thanks,
Sabine

·
Registered
695 Posts
Actually, the new Tough Country lift is a very good lift. I know many people who have them and they love them, and yes they wheel. It may be IFS wheeling, but at least they are wheeling. The Fabtech is a better lift though and you can find them for cheaper than a $600 difference. A Fabtech 6" you should be able to get for about $1700, while the Tuff Country is about $1500... as for the body lifts, look at Roger Brown and Perfance Accessories, I believe that there is only a 3" available for your year though. Go check out www.tacomaterritory.com and look in the forums and do a search and you should find lots and lots of info....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts