Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls I'm trying to find a 7.3l international diesel to put in my 2003 2500 silverado. Now my number one problem is I don't know if the motor will fit the truck :banghead: and I know that it's not gonna work with the chevy 6sp manual trans thats in the truck can anyone help me. I really want to get this motor in the chevy and I want a 6sp manual trans in the truck but I don't know where to start looking. ANY help is appreciated thanks guys. doah

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you don't mind my asking why do you want to put a powerstroke in your chevy? Does your truck have a duramax in it now or is it a gasser?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I ended up catching every guys fav. show Trucks and I'm just going to go banks and build the duramax I'm not really big on duramax but I hear that they can have a lot of power. So banks beware

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I recommend not going with banks. They are overpriced for what you get. I would recommend you get the Edge Juice with Attitude module and a 4" exhaust. If you need more power you can stack the Juice with a handheld programmer for even more oomph. There are guys running low 13's in the quarter with that setup. If you want more info check out www.dieselplace.com that site is pretty much strictly devoted to duramax performance.[/url]

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just my .02cents. I have a good friend with a Ford who tried the Juice with Attitude then tried the "Bully Dog" and it is noticably stronger with better features. Now that is in a powerstroke 6 liter and I'm not sure how all that compares in a Duramax.

Good luck, it's only money! :thumb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rock on i still havn't figured out what i'm going with have any of you guys seen the episode of trucks where Stacy "borrows" the 2500 duramax from *blank* i can't remember who they borrow it from but thats basicly the power i want and the lift and everything not too hardcore cause it's gonna get pavement pounded a lot but i want it to go as well....I'll figure it out though thanks for the help guys. peace

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Just beware. If you bump power up too much you'll hurt your transmission. If you have the allison you'll put it in limp mode a lot and burn up clutches. If you have the 6 speed manual you'll trash your dual mass flywheel.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the trans is the allison which is the 5 speed auto but I plan on upgrading the trans first I want to get the truck up to about 50 lbs of boost and kickin some real ass at the track but trans is #1 priority :thumb: thinking about propane but honostly I have no understanding about propane I've only heard that it is just like nitrous is for gassers but thats about all I know and I'm not too sure on how accurate that is so i gotta keep lookin thanks guys :thumb:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Propane in a diesel acts as an additional source of fuel. I don't really know much about it, but if you get really crazy with it you may want to add NO2 as well. That would give you more fuel and air and that will quickly gain you some serious power for not a lot of money. I would recommend you check out the forum I put a link to in my first post here if you haven't already. You can find all kinds of information for everything you have asked about. There are many very knowledgable people there that can answer any questions you have.

edit: sorry link is in second post.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey josh thanks for the help I really wish I cound figure out where you guys find this stuff at but I need help with one more thing I "want" a fabtech lift kit 6" but now i see with the 6" i still can't fit my 38x12.50 so I'm gonna slap on 35x12.50 tsl's so I've been looking for a kit that will have everything that I'm gonna need for moab (haha) honostly I'm not good with all the flex work so i really need to know what you guys think will be good out on the trails i dont run trails just mud out here. But if you find something I greatly appreciate it. Thanks again guys :thumb: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was look at the bushwacker flares and I was gonna go with them but this is what the guys from dieselplace.com told me: First off welcome to the Forum. I hope you enjoy your new ride. I'm not sure if you know but diesels are extremely heavy especially in the front end. That truck will be eating those boggers up like candy. You might want to check out something with a little harder rubber compound. Moab's slick rock has plenty of bite especially in a heavy truck. As to the lifts I can't comment other than the guys I know with Fabtech lifts really like them. As to flex unless you change out and put coil springs in the front you willl not be able to coome close to a jeeps ability. I use a jeep for my trail rig and my 2500 for towing it. I personally love my Edge Juice Box. Good power for the money. You might also want to consider putting some SD tie rod sleeves on especially if you are going with large tires. Lot of Luck with your trip......Now then I think that I need to go with another type of tire and can't have my boggers so I guess I just have to save them for the jeep I plan to build. I also want to go with the edge juice box (and programmer) and I have heard nothing but good things about it. If anyone has any info other than this please let me know. :mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts