Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am new to this place and wanna catch up quickly. I see that Mountain Home is an hour away from Caldwell, there are 2 clubs in Boise area and one in Eastern Id.
My question is do any of the different clubs ever "host" another to come to there area? I see that MH is having a run and was reading they are doing food and such and got to wondering is t a member of that club only thing, or is it open to anyone in the state or even this forum to go along? I have visited some indidual clubs sites and see some require membership and only by invite after attending runs and meetings and such. Since the main club I've wheeled with have been Toyota clubs and some jeep clubs down here, they have not had these requirements, so I'm just inquiring so as to not step on toes after I move up by inviting myself on a run that is posted, if it is not cool to do so.
Thanks for tolerating the newb questions. :eek:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
i am not sure about the other clubs but i think WWOR is after the second club run you are expected to join or be subjected to lots of verbal sarcasm and harassment. :thumb:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Both the wwwest club and the High desert club welcome newby's and non members on thier club runs. After you have made a couple of runs and a meeting or two you have the option of requesting membership, at that point you may be voted in by the members. If you don't want to join a club but do want to go on some of the runs, thats fine also. I think the other clubs have the same basic mind set but it would be good to check with them individually. We look forward to meeting you in the near future and,.......................... "Welcome to Idaho"

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
WWOR and HDO do alot of events together mainly because of proximity. As for the runs anyone is welcome. Like Trevor said usually after the second run we'll ask you to join. But if you join HDO you can come on as many runs with us as you like and you don't have to be one of our members.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If your vehicle meets a minimum requirement, You can come out and run with the Hillbilly Rock Krew any time. Pretty good bunch of guys :D

More on the hardcore rock crawling though..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Was not sure how it went down around here. Anxiously awaiting my departure from Phx.

BTW HBRK and any others........ what are the min. requirements to go/join?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'd build another FJ40 if I could get rid of the ZJ. :thumb:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Idaho Off Road welcomes all visitors. We do alot with Hi Desert. They have more full size rigs than IOR. Idaho Off Road bylaws have in the past required 104" wheel base or less. Trying to stay with a little smaller rig. But, since everyone is stretching their wheel base, myself included, we kind of over look that.
We do not require membership to go on any run. But we would like someone to join if they plan on going on lots of runs. 2 runs and 2 meetings and you could be voted in for membership. Your rig looks like it would fit right in with our group. Too pretty for Hi Desert. Just kidding.
Go to our web site www.idaho4x4.com
Hope to hear from you.

Howard Shields
President
Idaho Off Road

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Idaho Off Road welcomes all visitors. We do alot with Hi Desert. They have more full size rigs than IOR. Idaho Off Road bylaws have in the past required 104" wheel base or less. Trying to stay with a little smaller rig. But, since everyone is stretching their wheel base, myself included, we kind of over look that.
We do not require membership to go on any run. But we would like someone to join if they plan on going on lots of runs. 2 runs and 2 meetings and you could be voted in for membership. Your rig looks like it would fit right in with our group. Too pretty for Hi Desert. Just kidding.
Go to our web site www.idaho4x4.com
Hope to hear from you.

Howard Shields
President
Idaho Off Road
Cool. Thanks again to you and everyone, seems I'm gonna fit right in up here. Once I get there!!!!!!!!!!:darn: :mad:

Oh and 104" LOL glad you relaxed that, I'm 125.25! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Cool. Was not sure how it went down around here. Anxiously awaiting my departure from Phx.

BTW HBRK and any others........ what are the min. requirements to go/join?
Mainly lockers, safety equipment and aggressive tires...

Looks like yours would fit the bill though...

To become a member, there are more strict vehicle requirements and it is an annual vote in initiation of max of 5 people a year though. We want to make sure people really click and are active with the group, instead of having just a bunch of people pay there yearly dues and not do anything with the club.

We have anything from built samurai's to full comp buggies in our group :D But every rig is a very capable rig that can handle any of those pics.

Look us up when you get up here.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mainly lockers, safety equipment and aggressive tires...

Looks like yours would fit the bill though...

To become a member, there are more strict vehicle requirements and it is an annual vote in initiation of max of 5 people a year though. We want to make sure people really click and are active with the group, instead of having just a bunch of people pay there yearly dues and not do anything with the club.

We have anything from built samurai's to full comp buggies in our group :D But every rig is a very capable rig that can handle any of those pics.

Look us up when you get up here.
Sounds good, as I've read the bylaws of the other clubs, sounds like I'll just be a guest or honorary member in most for the first year or so, maybe not, I really don't know what my school schedule is gonna be like, I may have more free time than I think I will as of right now and can make required meetings and such.
As long as I can wheel with peeps is all I really am concerned with, whatever a club votes on and such I don't really need to have a say. Dunno, we'll see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts