Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced all the u-joints, which were bad, and everything there is tight.
I still get a bone jarring clank from the front.

Is it possible the Q lock glovebox switch has shit the bed, and this was in full on 4x for the last eleventymillion miles, and the clunk is the transfer case shitting the bed?

Gonna drop the front driveshaft later tonight, and see if that helps.

It has a BorgWarner t-case, the closest thing to a model number that I found was:13-06-065-901.

Is that the chain driven transfer that I have heard much bad about?

Shoulda stuck with Toyota, I will get this thing figgered out, but way more to absorb than on a van.
Simple, gear driven transfer, good reduction, torquey overhead valve motor, simplicity.
This? Sheeeeesh!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Every MFG has its querks. Jeep has some really neat ones. Welcome to the club.

J E E P
u m v o
s p e c
t t r k
y y e
:thumb:t

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the just every thing, I gave to my wife as her sig....................

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Since I ran this case for about 3 years, I can suggest your looking at replacing the chain. I usually runs about $100f for the chain. The replacement is rather easy. all you have to do is take the back have of the case off and slide the gears out. pull the old chain of and put the new one on and then slap it all back together. I will go ahead and bust your bubble about a easy t-case swap now. The QT has a unique 10 spline input and the transmission tail shaft is four miles long. so in order to swap any other case in you need to tear your tranny apart and swap out the tail shaft as well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
blt2krl said:
I will go ahead and bust your bubble about a easy t-case swap now. The QT has a unique 10 spline input and the transmission tail shaft is four miles long. so in order to swap any other case in you need to tear your tranny apart and swap out the tail shaft as well.
Oooo...thats like pouring alchohol on an open wound...hurts pretty bad but may just keep you from a bad infection. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chain replacing coming up soon, and thanks for the mental sterilization.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When does the money Flush stop$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?
All I want to do is tire and tune my truck, and this Fawkin abortion of a car is preventing that.....
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AutoZone, 126.99, will keep looking

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Check with 6 States, but that price doesn't sound too bad IMO.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
whats your number?
prefer to keep it local versus to ..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts