Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
unless you are building the motor to use in a class with cubic inch limits. Just bore it whatever it needs. The difference in power between a .030 overbore and a .060 is less than noticable

·
Registered
464 Posts
You should always sonic test any block you plan to take that far and make sure there is enough material to do it. What is the engine going to be used for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i jsut wanna know if a 318 block is worth stroking, if i decide to take it that far, is it better for me to find a 360 block? i wanna get the most stroke and bore outta it as possible.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Sounds to me like you are looking for cubic inches. The external dimensions of both the 318 and the 360 are the same so, my suggestion would be use the 360 block.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i jsut wanna know if a 318 block is worth stroking, if i decide to take it that far, is it better for me to find a 360 block? i wanna get the most stroke and bore outta it as possible.
"360 block" sounds better, I was thinking a 340 was just a 318 with a 360 crank. Is that right?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Actually I think it was the other way around. 360 block 318 crank to destroke it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts