Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after fighting my %&$#!&ing carberator all week-end in Moab, I've decided it's time to go propane.

That being said I am cluless on the hows,whys and whatfores needed to convert my 22r to propane.

I do have an old Hyster forklift that has a bad motor, but the propane system is all there and working. What are the possibilities of making that system, or part of it work on my Toyota?

I would really like to piece something together rather than spend the $800-$1000 for a kit! Ive heard it can be done for a couple hundred bucks???

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
So after fighting my %&$#!&ing carberator all week-end in Moab, I've decided it's time to go propane.

That being said I am cluless on the hows,whys and whatfores needed to convert my 22r to propane.

I do have an old Hyster forklift that has a bad motor, but the propane system is all there and working. What are the possibilities of making that system, or part of it work on my Toyota?

I would really like to piece something together rather than spend the $800-$1000 for a kit! Ive heard it can be done for a couple hundred bucks???

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Dan
IMO if you try and put something together yourself, we may end up reading a post from you about fighting with your propane system all weekend in Moab in the future. LOL Dudes down in Tempe Az.http://www.gotpropane.com/ KNOW there stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Propane is the poop. Stupid simple and it works great. What size motor is in that hyster and approx what RPMs does it turn? The mixer may be a little small, but if you've got it handy I see no problem trying it out. Just take everything off of the forklift that has a propane line running through it and bolt it to your yota. At a minimum to run you need a mixer (carb), vaporizer/regulator (should have coolant hoses running through it), a high pressure hose and a good tank (being off a forklift you should have a forklift tank which works great for an offroad rig). A bonus would be a fuel lockoff/filter of some sort. They come vacuum and electrically operated. It isn't necessary to run, but it's nice to have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts