Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a couple pics of the progress

Front end now has custom radius arms and Deaver springs are going in.

Bobbed 9" off the back and yes.......thats fiberglass

She is just about ready to be sittin on her axles again.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man.

You can kind of tell that its bobbed from the pic but when its outside the garage and you can see the whole thing......I think it looks good. Its still longer than crap though. I moved the front axle forward a little to so I now have a 120" wheel base.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
That's great man!

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
That is looking good Cheston, I like the stance the way it is now. I will be down soon to see it my self mabey this weekend

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope you can make it! I could use your brain to help me figure out the steering. AND it would just be nice to see you guys!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That thing has a good stance to it. I like the look with the front axle pushed forward. It should give you a really good approach angle. What size tire are you going to run on it? Is that what's in the pictures? Looks like you could go a few inches bigger when it's time for new ones. And I hate to be negative, but I really don't like revolver shackles. Uncontrolled drop is not a good thing in my opinion, and, from what I've seen, revolvers like to unload on downhills and hard braking. Keep up the progress and pictures. It's looking good.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That thing has a good stance to it. I like the look with the front axle pushed forward. It should give you a really good approach angle. What size tire are you going to run on it? Is that what's in the pictures? Looks like you could go a few inches bigger when it's time for new ones. And I hate to be negative, but I really don't like revolver shackles. Uncontrolled drop is not a good thing in my opinion, and, from what I've seen, revolvers like to unload on downhills and hard braking. Keep up the progress and pictures. It's looking good.

The tires that are on it are 39.5 tsls and they are about new. I will get 42 or 44s next. I know most people hate revolver shackels. I have not had a single complaint about them though and I have been running them for a couple years. I dont think the revolvers ( in my case anyway) unload any more than a coil or coilover rear suspension. I think it really depends on the setup. I havent wheeled with the coils up front yet so that might make a difference as well considering my front suspension has been on the stiff side.......til now. Just have to see. I have had plenty of people tell me to get rid of them.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
thats killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts