Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Would you buy a premium membership at Planet4x4, and if so, for how much $?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
If I ever did anything like this, it would be along the lines of Pirate where a non supporter could still post everywhere but would have some frills taken away. Mostly the ones that use the server. I'm kinds thinking this:

Supporter:

- Would get a bigger PM box
- Some type of symbol next to their name
- Could upload attachments
- Could make polls

Regular account:

- A Small PM box, but could still use it.
- Could view attachments, could not upload them
- Could not make polls

But the biggest one would be the For Sale and Wanted Section. A supporter could make posts in both areas. A regular account could post a reply only.

And I'm also thinking the $20 a year deal. That seems pretty standard from what I've seen around.

Thought, Opinions?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
314 Posts
Twenty bucks sounds fair to me Matt!:thumb:

·
Registered
397 Posts
i would pay to be a part of planet would even pay more if a shirt comes with first subscription...

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
str8six4me said:
i would pay to be a part of planet would even pay more if a shirt comes with first subscription...
Hmmm, there's an interesting idea. :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
496 Posts
I would/will pay for the use of this site.

I have definitely received 20 dollars worth of information/entertainment.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I like the idea of 20. I think the key is to still allow regular members to post. I have seen alot of sites that won't even let you post and that will not help it grow.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
But the biggest one would be the For Sale and Wanted Section. A supporter could make posts in both areas. A regular account could post a reply only.
quote]

Im wondering on this one, I agree it would get people to buy in to be able to post their stuff for sale. But would the majority of people, pay the $20 to post, or would they just go post it elsewhere, for free.

Just some thoughts, good and bad.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I kinda disagree with you Steve. I am not going to buy anything from a first time poster. I actually dislike how people come on and their first post is something for sale. Then you go on to another website and their only post is something for sale.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I like the idea of open board to non supporters and supporters, RME finally did this, and I am a non supporter, as well as 1500 other users, the supporters get a gear by their name, Greg will get my money just so that I have a gear by my name, oh and a bad ass sticker as well.

This is about the only place I go on the net any more, Hbrk forum is in faves, and NW cruisers, but this is predominately it.

I would definately pay for the support, the ones that annoy me are where you can only make topical posts, can't see pics, etc. w/o paying, Left a K5 /Suburban forum for that reason, I had just bought the truck, didn't know if I was gonna keep or not, I didn't want to shell $25 or $50 for full priveleges just to find out the 6.2 was a lemon..... Any Ford site will tell ya that

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I gave it some thought also, and on a board this size, for now, the For Sale section will stay open to anybody. Supporting member will get frills and stuff. I'm working on a list now....

A registered user will be able to use every forum, and see everything, and also be able to search.

They will loose the ability to upload pics (they can remote host them somewhere) as that does take up server space and bandwidth.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
545 Posts
I voted for the $20 option. This would be the first time I ever paid for any membership on-line, but this website is my home-page. I don't even mess with pirate anymore, and only spend time at one or two more sites.

As far as the For Sale/Wanted. Let them post in the Wanted to help out the site vendors:deal: You could take away the For Sale, but then who could we make fun of:p

1 - 20 of 64 Posts