Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I got my power steering conversion all bolted up and ready to go, but the fitting on my return hose (the one that threads into the box) is rusted solid. everytime I try to wrench it loose it just twists the metal line.
So I have it soaking in a cup of PB Blaster so I'll try again tomorrow.
My question is, if it still won't brake loose where In I.F. can I go to get a replacement hose or a new tube with the fitting clamped onto the rubber hose?
Hoping to finish tomorrow,Thanks
Cory

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've spliced power steering lines in an emergency situation that ended up being permanent and to this day it is still holding fine. Some will tell you its a bad idea but farmer around here use those crimp brass fittings on hydraulic stuff on their tractors with much higher pressure than a power steering system uses with great success.

·
Registered
781 Posts
industrial hose and fitting off utah ave can make you any hose you want as well as most parts stores can do the same, I'm not familiar with the ag stuff but I don't see why it wouldn't work :thumb: check cal ranch

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I ended up taking Steves advice and went to Industrial hose and supply and had them build me a replacement hose, for only $10.47.
Came home and finished it all.
I just got back from an around town test drive and everything is working great. All in all it was alot easier then I thaught it would be.
I can't wait to go wheeling and try it out.
No more living in fear of breaking my fingers off when that damn wheel comes spinning back around @ a 100mph. Believe me it hurts!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts