Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know who does powder coating around here? I need a motorcycle frame coated.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
I got a guy over by me, southern boise, that does awesome work, its called primo powder coating. His name is donny, ill see if i can find his number.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
How hot can powder coating get before it melts? I was thinking of getting some stacks coated black.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I wonder if the stacks would get that hot? Temp at the engine can get up to 1500-1600*

·
Registered
55 Posts
Western Sand Blasting just did the chassis, trailing arms, and A-arms for the Boise State Mini Baja team and the thing looks awesome. :beer:
I would be willing to bet that it will be the best looking car at comp. next week in Portland.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
400* is the normal powder coating application temperature. I do know that they make a high temp powder coating that you can apply to headers, etc. that would work great for your stacks. Talk to your powdercoating guy about it, he could tell you more.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
*ahem*calling rockpunk*ahem*

hey ya putz I think it's time to finish that powder coating booth ya built and get this powder coating equipment out of my house :deal:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
hey Mikey, I'll shoot ya a couple of cases of beer, and load it up in my truck and get it outta yer way!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts