Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Powder Coating can be a superior alternative to paint. However its not as easy as popping the top and spraying whatever you feel like. Its a multistep process that must be done correctly to get the best results.​

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
539 Posts
Pretty Cool! Since it so much stronger than paint I guess I should stop kicking the idea of getting my frame powdercoated and actually do it. Just need to get the go ahead from the wife.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Pretty Cool! Since it so much stronger than paint I guess I should stop kicking the idea of getting my frame powdercoated and actually do it. Just need to get the go ahead from the wife.

For that year of cj I would suggest Rhino or the equivelant. My 72 has a super flexy frame, and I don't think powder coating would hold up to the constant flex that these cheesy frames have. Now if you've boxed or re-enforced your frame then by all means powder away:thumb:

Back to topic, sweet article. Keep them coming, and I may actually be able to fab something nice instead of my normal gorilla-hack work.

·
Registered
468 Posts
powder coat will hold up to the flexy frame just fine. You can powder coat your leaf springs and flex the crap out of them and it won't flake. But it probley would be cheaper just to spray it with POR-15. And that stuff is deffently tuffer then paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.