Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned it at the meeting, I had an idea for a camping trip for 31 dec/1 jan on the south fork of the boise river below anderson dam. There are some nice camping spots down there and the road is moderately well maintained. I figured a bonfire to ring in the new years would be pretty cool. Any interest?

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is there somewhere to wheel there or is it just gonna be a camping trip?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
That area is going to have a lot of snow. Most of the real wheeling will be closed due to snow. If it were me, I'd shoot for the hot springs where the Bruneau and Jarbridge Rivers meet. There was a huge hot tub there years ago. Not sure if it is still around it had hot spring and river water running together to make it the right temp. Just be careful if you take kids or dogs. The springs will burn you to death.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not really much in the way of wheeling, although i'm sure we could find something to do. I was in the general area last weekend and while there was snow it was not bad and the main road is pretty good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
if your talking about the hot springs i think you are . the last time i was down there its was really nasty and full of alge and stuff . Camping at anderson sounds good im in

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Baja Travis said:
if your talking about the hot springs i think you are . the last time i was down there its was really nasty and full of alge and stuff . Camping at anderson sounds good im in
Probably not this one. But I don't go to this place anymore. It is cool but I have bad memories.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts