Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its tough stuff but I'm worried about exaust temps. I have a source for the stuff and was thinking about giving it a try.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
183 Posts
it won't hurt to try something new

JIM

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I think it is a great idea - your rig would require some really thick plastic, cause of the weight, but prolly worth the price. I really hope to get this setup for a skip on my jeep soon too. (soon is within two years at this point) :finger:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Use the stuff that Cutting boards are made from :thumb:

It has been done many times, but get it thick like 1"

When it gets all sratched up, use your Iron and smooth it out again! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
that was funny....

I had actually thought of something similar to that... I'm having my TC clocked above the framerails, so that means that nothing will be hanging below anymore..just need a couple of notches for the driveshafts, and I can skidplate that sucker all the way...Something I been thinking about anyhow.. If you try it Matt, let me know how it works out? What are your prices on the 1" stuff? :beer:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is stuff out of the scrap pile at work. right now I have:

1/2" thick chunk of Poly,

A load of 1/4" Lexan. Enough to build at least two windshields for the Blazer and a bunch of smaller stuff.

Right now my windshield is toast so if I have the time, I'm going to replace it with the thick lexan and see what happens since there is no money into it. I'll have to look into what it takes to cut the Lexan.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts