Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked with Russ Campbell out at Pleasant Valley last night. He is starting on the mud pit very soon. He has lots of ground available and has a plan for what should be a nice pit set up. If you are familiar with their place the pit will probably be to the North of the parking area racing to the east.

He is going to try for a race on 12 Aug, He should let us know by the 1st of Aug if that date will be viable. Otherwise it looks like 7 and 21 Oct for races out there this year. Then we can plan on setting up a series between Kimberly and PV for next year!!!

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I like October. I can go to those.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Good news!:thumb: I will add it to the race list as a place holder on August 12th.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Met with the Campbell Brothers again tonight. All is well and progressing. They are eager to set up their track and have some races.

Looks like Sundays might be an option for them, not sure how many would be available to race on Sundays as we haven't had a Sunday race before.

They are still concentrating on making the pit first. We will check back with them next week for more updates.

Mark

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Things are still progressing at PV. Looking for races in August sometime. They said they will start ground breaking next week.
:thumb:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Phyllis and I joined Mark last night out at PV. The Campbell Bros. seem like really nice guys. They have some good ideas and seem to be truely excited about having our group race out there. Markh showed us where they plan on putting the track. We liked the location. They are aware of how deep they can go before hitting sand. Only a couple of feet. So they plan on a little digging to sculpt the site and go down a little and then build up the rest.
When they get it roughed in they wanted some rigs to test it for them. We may burn some C-14 up and Phyllis said she would run the Dawg. For anyone who has ever seen Phyllis run you know it is awesome! If this all works out, who knows what the future holds?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
What are you thinking about not retiring???

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
We go through this every year. Then we fire up the Dawg and our eyes start to glaze over and my tongue sticks out the side of my mouth and I start babbling about maybe winning the lotto and not feeling as old as I did this past winter. :drool: Sad. (But if I can get Phyllis back into the drivers seat, Hmmm..)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ground breaking has started. Russ Campbell said it was "hot and dusty work" but its started. Too bad its the hottest week of the year so far to be doing that kind of work. He wants me to check back in next week, he figures the track will be roughed in by then. :thumb:

More to follow....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tracks are roughed in. They look pretty good. Lots of room between the lanes and plenty of lane to race in. Still working on getting the spectators area built up, they plan on putting up 3 small bleachers plus area to set up shade and lawn chairs. They are also clearing a bigger space for the racers to park their stuff. They are working on getting a christmas tree and timming lights. Still talking about a test day some time in August.

With Castleford having a race on the 12th of August they are now shooting for the 23rd of September for their first race. So we can add that to the list. Get the word out. We need to make a good showing for the first race out there.

More on the test day in a couple of weeks....

Mark H

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
That's good news. I'll put down Sept. 23rd on the list.:thumb:

Some info on their website would be a BIG plus . I am the only one saying anything about it in their forum. Some flyers would be good for us to pass around for them.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I just made the change to the race list. However, that's the same day as Kimberly's scheduled race. Bummer. If they end up being on the same day we will lose a lot of racers at both tracks :( .

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Mark Campbell wasn't out there yesterday. But I talked to Russ about comming up with some kind of flyer in August so we can get them distributed ahead of time. Hopefully/diffenately we need fliers before the August Kimberly race so we can get them spread around that side of the state.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
It would be good to pass some out at the Castleford race and/or Soda Springs but that might be asking too much too soon.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I'll flog my bronk through the pits for scientific testing, Id like to give those padels of mine a try in the mud too :thumb:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
:thumb: :beer: . I haven't seen you in the mud in a long time. The paddles will put you into the Pro Mud class but I'm thinking that you will surprise a lot of people.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I suppose it depends on how "grooved" they are. If the lugs are just sipped then I don't think it would matter. If you have removed lugs to make the voids bigger then the only class that allows cut tires is Pro-Mud. But it would be up to the tech guys and maybe the fellow drivers in the class you would tech for if not for the cut tires. Bring it out and find out. :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
so what your saying is bring the paddles anyhow because thats what class I'll be in anyhow :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 127 Posts