Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just copied this from the PV web site forum.....

SATURDAY NIGHT SUMMER RALLY..........
IP: 67.42.160.72
Posted on June 2, 2007 at 10:54:11 AM by pvcp mark252

Pleasant Valley will be hosting our first Annual Summer Rally...It is going to be a ravin' party with both Motocross Racing and Mud Drags, and of course live entertainment. Concessions will be available, or bring your BBQ. Free Overnight Camping Saturday Night. Come on out! Let's Party, Bench Race, and Camp out with some awesome people. Gates will Open at 4:30, Opening Band at 6:00 p.m., Mud Drag Races begin at 6:00, and Motocross Racing at 6:30. Gate Entry $8, 5 & under Free. Race Entry $25 for both Mud and Motocross. Great Sponsorship Support for this event, with lots of giveaways. See you all at Pleasant Valley Raceway Saturday Night, June 23rd, where the fun is.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well everyone have fun and post up the results

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll miss your smiling face Lehi :thumb: . Send us some more pictures of the "mud" in Iraq.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got news today that there will be several OPEN CLASS rigs coming in for the race Saturday :thumb: . There will also be other class rigs coming in from Soda Springs. Should be a really good race! See you all Saturday (unless we decide to roll the Dawg again before we leave....:darn: ).

Chris, I will bring your radiator with us Saturday.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Skipped Link are you going to be able to make it? How about that Toyota I have heard about?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sure are going to miss you and that beautiful truck Skipped Link. Will look forward to seeing you in July. Really am excited about Saturday night. Should be a blast. So many things going on, likely going to be doing plenty of head spinning.:drool:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, lots of rigs racing yesterday! I think someone figured there were around 70 rigs racing, and it went really smooth. Unfortunately, only one open class rig was able to make it this time. I don't have all the results and times but I think Mark does. Glen's new Jeep REALLY hooked up!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
55 Posts
You said it. What an awesome turnout on both the tracks. The competition levels in all the mud drag classes just keeps on getting better. You Guys and Gals put on an unbelievable show for everyone. I talked to several folks who had never seen a mud drag event and they were like you said, "WOW". The racers that missed this one, really missed an incredible time. Tremendous hats off to Mark, Denise, Rusty, Rana, Mark, Glenn, and all the Pleasant Valley Raceway crew for all the hard work they put in to make the Saturday Summer Rally a screamin success. My pipes are so shot. I love to be able to go home after a show like this knowing I had as much fun as you all did in putting it on. So looking forward to July's event and beyond. New Page 2

·
Registered
668 Posts
New Jeep did good. We had some trouble keeping it straight in Richfield and adjusted the tow a bit, made the gas peddle shorter and turned the NOS on. Everything went straight and fast. Next month should be even better. It appears that one cylinder is not firing right. When we looked at the video the left exhaust is smoking and has flame shooting out. When I pulled the plugs number 3 is saturated with gas. Hopefully new rotor and cap and plug wires can fix the problem. No sign of problems with the NOS so we might put in the 300 hp jets for July 21.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hmmmm. Maybe I should re-think about not running NOS on the Dawg. Dang Glen, your Jeep was running strong. I bet you could take Ron by the looks of the times :thumb: . Congratulations :beer:. Phil will try to keep the tires straight next time (check out the shots of her right out of the hole!).

·
Registered
668 Posts
I noticed when the photos came out she was crossed up right after she launched. She did an awsome job getting back into the race. Watching the video it doesnt sound like she got out of the gas. If she did it wasnt for long.

NOS on the Dawg would be a wild ride. But what a race it would be if both trucks could stay straight.

As for taking Ron, that would be tough. He indicated that he is running about 800 hp on the gas and only weighs about 1900 lbs. Even if we jump to the 300 hp jets that would put us at aroung 1100 hp but still 3500 lbs. Maybe a 500 hp fogger. :shocked: I also know where there is a 655 cubic inch big block with 4 stages of NOS. Around 2000 hp. I think the fastest thing there would be parts flying off the Jeep. My biggest issue last race was making the first shift. It hits the limiter almost instantly. More practice I think. All in all we are pretty happy with the power and how the 4 link is working and keeping the front end down.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I noticed when the photos came out she was crossed up right after she launched. She did an awsome job getting back into the race. Watching the video it doesnt sound like she got out of the gas. If she did it wasnt for long. (I need to get a copy of your videos)

NOS on the Dawg would be a wild ride. But what a race it would be if both trucks could stay straight. (Straight??? What's that? :rotfl: )

As for taking Ron, that would be tough. He indicated that he is running about 800 hp on the gas and only weighs about 1900 lbs. Even if we jump to the 300 hp jets that would put us at aroung 1100 hp but still 3500 lbs. Maybe a 500 hp fogger. :shocked: I also know where there is a 655 cubic inch big block with 4 stages of NOS. Around 2000 hp. I think the fastest thing there would be parts flying off the Jeep. My biggest issue last race was making the first shift. It hits the limiter almost instantly. More practice I think. All in all we are pretty happy with the power and how the 4 link is working and keeping the front end down (That wouldn't be the engine sitting at a certain engine builder we know would it?).

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yep, same engine. Pretty sure I would crap myself with that much power and a short wheelbase.:rotfl: The cam in it has more lift than our paddle tires.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The cam in it has more lift than our paddle tires.[/quote]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

"I will make you a copy of the video. I also have Richfield I can copy also."

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts