Registered
452 Posts
Mud Racers:
Tech Gates Open 3:00
Spectator Gates Open 5:00
Tech Gates Close 5;30
Racing Begins 6:00
Opening Band 6:00 p.m
This is from the PVRW web site...Another 6 pm race.

Hope to see everyone there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
AWESOME NIGHT!!!!

It was a great time, those open rigs sure get the adrenaline going and the rest of the trucks were just as much fun to watch. It was great to see Skipped there, that truck brought quite the crowd when he ran.

Looking forward to the next race now.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would like to thank Skipped Link for showing up in his 49 Ford. Have to say that is the most bad ass Ford I have ever seen. It was a pleasure to race him and cant wait for a rematch.

We had an awsome turn out, not sure exactly how many trucks showed up but it was a lot.

Broke a few parts on the 53 Willys, carnage report maybe on Monday.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That Willys was pretty sweet along with the Land Cruiser, this was the first mud race my girlfriend has EVER seen, she was quite impressed with the rigs and the facility.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would like to thank Skipped Link for showing up in his 49 Ford. Have to say that is the most bad ass Ford I have ever seen. It was a pleasure to race him and cant wait for a rematch.

We had an awsome turn out, not sure exactly how many trucks showed up but it was a lot.

Broke a few parts on the 53 Willys, carnage report maybe on Monday.
Ditto for me. The '49 is awesome :thumb:. Made the Dawg look like a puppy sitting next to it.

Sorry to see the '53 break, but it was kind of fun watching you go "off road" :rotfl: .

·
Registered
668 Posts
Broke left rear air bag and right front axle. Not sure when they broke the Jeep was all over the track on the very first pass and got worse as the night went on. I think the broken axle was the main cause of wondering.

Still having trouble with running on 7 cylinders. We have some new options to check out but if anybody knows why an engine would lose only one cylinder with new plugs, wires roter and cap I am at a loss. We have spark to the plug but cannot verify if that cylinder is firing on time. It has a MSD 6AL with blaster coil and MSD Distributor.

For some reason I am having trouble posting photos. Will try later.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll dig out my spare 6AL for you to try. I wonder if there is a way to check the MSD unit to see if it's ok under load?

To my amazement here is a shot off the IDAHO SPORTS PHOTOGRAPHY page of me and Skipped Link finishing our pass. If the '49 ever got traction it would have been in Mountain Home by the time I crossed the line.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Broke left rear air bag and right front axle. Not sure when they broke the Jeep was all over the track on the very first pass and got worse as the night went on. I think the broken axle was the main cause of wondering.

Still having trouble with running on 7 cylinders. We have some new options to check out but if anybody knows why an engine would lose only one cylinder with new plugs, wires roter and cap I am at a loss. We have spark to the plug but cannot verify if that cylinder is firing on time. It has a MSD 6AL with blaster coil and MSD Distributor.

For some reason I am having trouble posting photos. Will try later.
That was by far the best race ever! The spectators who came got a real treat with those broncos and of course, Skipped Link. And I always go to see the Dawg. :thumb: It was good to finally drive my junk again. And I placed. What more could you want?

Glen, I'm sure you guys rebuilt the motor in this thing before you started the season, BUT, I just had the same problem you do. I replaced plugs, wires cap, rotor, rejetted carb, checked for leaky carb, etc. Turned out that #7 (how ironic) on my 460 only had 30lbs of comp. The valve seats were bad. It still had the old valve seats that require leaded fuel in the heads. Maybe a comp. test is in order. Just my .02.

·
Registered
55 Posts
AWESOME NIGHT!!!!

It was a great time, those open rigs sure get the adrenaline going and the rest of the trucks were just as much fun to watch. It was great to see Skipped there, that truck brought quite the crowd when he ran.

Looking forward to the next race now.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Dang Glenn, the willy's was airborne I don't know how many times and the crowd were just wowed!!! Darrell that final pass with Rusty alongside was incredible. When Skipped had to peddle it, you guys were just flyin. Tremendous pass. Sorry to hear about the Willy's Glenn, and also hope nothing went wrong in the Dawg because of the water pump. The ride in the "Ole 49" was to say the least something I'll treasure always. Thanks Skipped. Look forward to seeing you again. And thanks on behalf of Pleasant Valley Raceway to ALL the racers and fans who came out Saturday.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the mud kind of washed off yesterday. I plan on getting to the water pump this afternoon. It's tight in there, about 1/2" between the pump motor and the electric fan, so I hope I don't have to pull out the radiator again. If I remember right my CSI electric pumps' motor can be removed and a new one put back on, if that's what is wrong.

Jay, any chance you can come up with our times again? I can't remember s**t any more. Must have something to do with me now being 60 :( .

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a copy of the times, I should be able to get them posted tonight.
Sure was a busy night. Lots of trucks came out to race, I think there was 74 entants this time.
Skipped-links 49 was something to see. I hope he can make the September race. I've been telling everyone of the show you guys put on in open class.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sorry I'm so late getting back on here, this is the first time I've been around a computer since I got back,

First off, to Mark & the rest of the PV crew, Thanks for having us up for the races, I had a great time, the entire facility (mud & motorcross) is top notch, By far the best mud pits I've been in,
Also the other racers were very freindly & good to talk to, I thought the whole event was well organized & exacuted,

Darrel & Glen thanks for racing with me, both of your machines are very capable, I look forward to racing them again,

I wish I would have had more time to visit with everyone while I was there, But between making sure everything is ready, talking with a few folks about the truck, chatting with some friends that live in the area, & watching some of the other vehicles run, A person seems to run out of time in a hurry,

Also Jay, sorry I had to pedle it during your ride, between the rut grabbing me a bit & trying to shift to 4th :darn: , I feel you were a little cheated, so if your up for it next time I'll make an open seat for another pass,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts