Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving tonight, siting at the three way intersection by the armory in Caldwell, waiting to take my right onto the weird leg of the Y, up Kimball if you know the area.

Guy coming down Kimball, Watch him come to a stop, some cowboy hat wearing shirtless dip shit in a Bright Ass yellow extra cab Chevy with a body lift, license plate " 2 O WHO" yakking on his cell phone didn't even look my way.

So after we both waited on the guy coming up Kimball, who takes the curve onto the other part of Kimball, I take my right of way assuming he would give it to me, I was on his right, I stopped first... etc. There is a Yellow Chev coming at my side of the Bronc....!!!

SO I dropped the skinny to the floor, wish I had a 429 at this point, not a 4.9, and then locked up the brakes when i was through, so as not to bounce over the curb at full throttle.

Kudo's for avoiding a wreck I guess, however he drove on, and my only recourse is civil as there was no "accident" for him to be leaving the scene of.

Do I have a justifiable right to be pissed off about the ruined alloy on the front of my Bronco? And the fact that i need to align it now?

Shitty night.

Looking for a factory aluminum Modular rim for a Ford, two would be groovy, so the spare can have one too, but one is needed...........

·
Registered
539 Posts
All I have are some ugly white aftermarket Steelies, You are welcome to a couple of em though. Note to self... Cut off bright yellow Chevy with Licsense Plate 2 O WHO.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will pm you towards the end of the week, when I get a little time to head towards MH.

·
Registered
646 Posts
That stinks man. People are so terribly self centered and self focused that if the world quit turning 75% wouldn't even notice. Good thing it wasn't worse for you. I could probably scrounge a set of wheels (steel) up for you too if need be.
Dave

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The thing that really annoys me is he stopped, then I backed off the curb, and got out, as soon as my door opened he left.

it was like...."cool, your not wounded, fawk it"

Honestly, I want to find as close to a factory alloy for this bronc,as I can as Brandy wants to off load her 33's and Ford Wagon wheels to me, in exchange for my matching set.

The white Bronc suffered a little rock rash on Mothers Day on our Mothers Day rock run.................. so she wants the red bronco(one with a screwed up wheel) to be the rock rig.

So..... an alloy is perfect on a trail rig, and they are the Ford ones. Just hadn't swapped rims over when this happened.

At this rate, I may end up anteing up for a set of spokes all 4 corners, if I can't find an alloy.

At least, if I ditch these rims as a set, I have a set of Factory center caps to bling up the wagon wheels on her ride with.......:lame:

Will let you know what happens.....

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Saw him tonight, like was rolling down the blvd., and have been looking for this ride since y-day.

He profusely apologized, thanked me for helping him not total his truck, I said not to worry about the alignment thing, pulled to the left until he hit, now pulls to the right, he volunteered to go half on my replacement wheel.

Better than nothing.

·
Registered
539 Posts
He only anted up cuz he was afraid of you kicking his Butt!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nah, 175#, and I deliver , well did, that was 50% of the reason I walked from that job that night, Pizza's for a living.

He was pretty apologetic, like profusely thanked me for not hurting his pretty truck, didn't see my blinker, and thought I was going straight, as opposed to taking the 135 degree turn in front of him, and layed into his non vortec 350 when I went......... Glad I responded the way that I did.....

Baarger Maatson has Ford Alloys for $25 a pop, so I am gonna buy 2, and then make him pay for atleast one.... If I can doctor the receipt, he will buy both of them....... MWUHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts