Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a pile of trannys that the local Monster Truck Racer dropped off for me to do over the next couple of weeks...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol, you'd be surprised...The main thing that I do to these is just rebuild them using red clutches and kolene steels. I am using Alto's power paks for all three clutch packs, which adds one clutch per pack. I'm also putting a shift kit in each, and using Amsoil Synthetic Racing Tranny fluid. That's it....... Most of these tranny's are bone stock and have lasted a full season of racing behind 1200 HP.. Goes to show how truly amazing the Turbo 400's really are.. :thumb:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Do you know anyone that has just a TH400 case?? I need one badly since mine is cracked at the tail housing.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jack... I just traded my last one for a 700.. best bet is get one from a wrecking yard.. Around here a core is about $50.

Matt... ALL I CAN GET!!! I want to be able to do just those and not mess with any other junk... My prices are pretty good compared to the other shops in IF. :deal: :deal: Plus.. I can upgrade them for cheaper too!
77fixer.. They make the steels thinner and the steel in the clutch thinner too.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Whats your shop # again?

I know a guy down here that does motor and tranny swaps and is looking for a rebuilder. The one we had moved back east. He has plenty of tranny's to rebuild.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
745-0724
Hook me up dude!
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
If it is a good deal, I'll pour you into your front door one night!

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Ajs good too I have watched a couple of rebuilds and done two with his help but in the time I had one tranny torn down He already had his apart and was almost finishing up the cleaning. Just wait till his truck is running he rebuilt a 700 for it and has learned a couple more tricks and is going to take it all apart and build it again!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a few 350's, but they all need built. I have a 400/208 combo out of a 1 ton that's good to go for $400
I have a 350 version 205 and the coupler sleeve i'd sell for $250

·
Registered
32 Posts
the 400/208 setup sounds good let me get with my brother its going in his truck and i will get back to you :thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey boss he wants it gonna have to wait for his girlfriends tax return to come in ( he is on SSI) as soon as it does we will come get it let me know if you have to sell it tks man :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what kind of time frame you talkin about? I can hold it for you for a little while..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts