1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
MASSIVE amounts of carnage today for alot of folks.
I"ll start off with my list
1.overheated the 1st 10 minutes of the run down the sandwash.The Flex-lite fan relay broke a connector.Cut the wires,twisted em together and just had it run constantly.Thanks for all that stopped and helped out. :thumb:
2.5 minutes later we stop at the "gate" to 2 Headed Dragon,notice water rapidly dripping from the engine compartment.Popped the hood and saw that my lower radiator hose had a gash in it,from where the swelling had pushed it intot he belt.Did a straight "McGyver" move..slammed my piece of gum on the gash,and duct taped it up.Filled with water,and continued on.
3.destroyed another driver side outter,and hub.The broken shaft pushed completly out thru the hub itself and is sticking out at least an 1/2".Kind of curious as to what this shaft looks like.I'll post up some pics when I tear it apart in a few days,when the 35 spliners and hubs come in.

Had a blast today fellas,thanks for letting me run with ya,and the "hands" when I needed em :thumb:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't forget about Mike blowing the front driveshaft 100 yard into the trail and John breaking the rear axle shaft and getting winched out the rest of the day. I think the hero of today is Carlos we used the Sh$t out of his winch. I can't wait to see the pics of that stub shaft you broke today. Oh yeah almost forgot about Darrell breaking that AL lift block in half.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I made it like 10 feet up the trail and kerblewie
42's are hard on stuff :finger:

·
Registered
530 Posts
[/b]Was feeling abit on the lazy side,and wasnt getting into to big a write up.Figured all us victims of the Dragon would chime in with their list. :thumb:
I can say,that after today,2HD is going to be pretty tough next go round.Especially if we get a good rain,snow storm and some water runs down through that trail.
Will definetly throw a pic or two up of the ensued carnage when I break it down this week :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Man looks like I missed a hummdinger! Had to work and do some family christmas stuff so thats why I was MIA. So any rigs make a clean run - without any of that embarassing stacking, straping, stringin of cable, or just breaking the shnit outta your rig?????? I'd give'em props cause it ain't exactly easy :thumb:

Muddin Mike - I'm gonna need some pictorial evidence of that stallion of yours being on a trail. :finger: Still likes to eat parts??? Can't give ya much chit though cause I broke my front driveline last two times Ive been out :oops: can't say I broke the slip like that though - quality. Every time I look that those ridiculously huge pieces under Erics rig it gives ME a "high angle" if ya know what I mean :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I know what you mean. Im researching right now who has the best parts for the price right now on a full slip shaft.

Nate has video of me breaking the turd right off the bat :banghead:

·
Registered
306 Posts
SWEET pics, guys! Sorry I couldn't make it.

Was finishing up the 52" swap. Just need a new front shaft now. Remind me not to get it where Mike did :finger:
Don't forget about Mike blowing the front driveshaft 100 yard into the trail
Will hopefully be ready to bust some drifts in January :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Had a great time yesterday!! I didn't realize it was a HDO "club" event, hope everybody was ok with members from another club being there.

That was really awesome watching some of the trucks making it up 2HD. I really gotta give Darrel some serious credit, he took that Yota with the mild lift and a front locker, and made it through with very few problems or rock rash.

I didn't take the trail, took the bypass, but did have to drive down from the top side and do some serious winching on the Jeep truck. I was happy to see that my free winch seemed to work flawlessly!

Thanks to everyone for a great time. The guy that was driving the Jeep CJ7 with the boggers on it, this was his last time to wheel with it for the next three years. He is getting stationed in Italy (Air Force) and is unable to take the jeep with him, so it'll be in storage while he web wheels and gathers parts to build it when he returns.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
heavy hitter said:
Man looks like I missed a hummdinger! Had to work and do some family christmas stuff so thats why I was MIA. So any rigs make a clean run - without any of that embarassing stacking, straping, stringin of cable, or just breaking the shnit outta your rig?????? I'd give'em props cause it ain't exactly easy :thumb:
John the ISP(busted up CJ), Carlos(green EB) the black 4runner, the mando and I had clean runs. I am working on the vid as we speak

·
Registered
379 Posts
Had a great time yesterday

well the 2hd was a helluva trail I didnt know there were too many more trails in these parts that were or could be harder not to mention longer than carnage canyon. yesterday was the first time that I ever surveyed a trail and accepted defeat without even attepting the trail.. Ya I wussed out (even with my helmet on) but had a great time watching the bigger rigs lay on their sides and keep going. I am totally impressed with John Turnbulls jeep on 40's. maybe the next time out I will have a 24" longer wb samurai a front locker and a lower center of gravity we will see ....Have welder will travel or something

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blt2krl said:
Got any specs on the wagoneer?
Are you talking about the Kaiser??? It has 36 swampers 5:38 gears (i think) D60's front and rear with a detroit that wasn't working and when it did he broke the left rear axle shaft. I think it has a 318 with a 4 speed.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
you can add my rig to the carnage, not sure what happened but I was getting a real bad vibration on the way home. I'm gonna pull the axleshafts, shane had mentioned my bearings were looking a tad rough, this may have finished them. Awesome day, can't wait until the next try at the dragon

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Hey, did you guys end up running lost trail too?? I had to leave early and took the same road back to the trucks to load up. Wish I could have stayed.... :banghead:

I supposed I can be added to some carnage also, don't know what the hell happened to my front springs, but they are twisted and sagging about three inches, maybe the winching pulled them funny, or jumping it too many times on the way back to the truck in the whoops!

On a side note, anyone have some good front lift springs for a 78 chevy for cheap??? I had a four inch lift, but wouldn't mind putting it a little higher. If ya got some, PM me.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
gripguru said:
dave's sig is outrageously hilarious after this weekend :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
He didn't seem to have that attitude when john was giving him some love rubs :finger:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts