Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running from Pocatello, Idaho to Green River, Wyoming for the last week. Took a few pics on the second trip. The train you see is the one that I was on. Lots of animals everywhere. Saw Moose, Fox, Elk, Deer, Eagles, Hawks, Mice, Rabbits, Birds, all kinds of stuff. Our train was about 6,900 feet long and very heavy.

Next week I'll be running up to Nampa and back a few times. I'll try and grab some pics of that trip also. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
thats awesome :thumb: I used to build em and now your driving em :thumb:

Maybe you should start up a train website too :rotfl:

·
Registered
545 Posts
hee hee, so do you even think about slowing down for deer on the tracks????

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Good for you Matt! Any chance you could let my kids look at one? I would drive to poky. They want to see inside a train bad.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My roomate works for the AK RR and he was telling me that they have "cow catchers" on the front of the engines for moose. Otherwise they get all jammed up under there when they get hit. :shocked:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can't. You just hit them.

Good for you Matt! Any chance you could let my kids look at one? I would drive to poky. They want to see inside a train bad.
Big no no right now. I still need to learn the place. I want to show my kids also.

My roomate works for the AK RR and he was telling me that they have "cow catchers" on the front of the engines for moose. Otherwise they get all jammed up under there when they get hit. :shocked:
Yeah what happens is that the animals roll under the train and can rip off the air hoses between the cars. Fixing a broken air hose that is coated in dead animal is pretty gross. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 12 of 12 Posts