Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The buggy that Pepper is building is starting to take shape!

Specs:

1989 5.0 HO
C6 trans with extra clutch packs
Atlas 4.3 Tcase
'79 ford D60 (Soon to have detroit Locker, 35 spl outers Poly drive flanges. have not decided what gears to run.)
Late model Ford D60 (soon to have disks, Detriot, 35 spl shafts, have not decided on gears yet.)
42" TSLs on trailreadys for trail running
40" Krawler for comps on Steel beads
PRP seats

Wheel base will be 105"

I have some really crappy pictures of it. They dont do the fab work justice.

The buggy is starting to take shape and Pep has done some cool work on the rear truss.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is this your rig TripleT? I'm curious what the "late model" rear 60 came out of. In a couple pics, it looks like a Sterling.

Any way you look at it though, it's gonna be a nice buggy. Pep never fails to impress.

·
Registered
252 Posts
wetnsloppy4x said:
Is this your rig TripleT? I'm curious what the "late model" rear 60 came out of. In a couple pics, it looks like a Sterling.

Any way you look at it though, it's gonna be a nice buggy. Pep never fails to impress.
I believe the D-60 is out of a 89 Ford van.....
Damn Pep you been busy --- lookin good..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks guys,
The D60 rear is out of the mentioned 89' Ford van. The housing is completely smooth on the bottom and has big bore spindles. It's the best wheeling rear 60, only draw back still has stock 30 spline shafts. Buggie is starting to move, trying not to make same mistakes we found on Shane's car. :smokin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hevymetl said:
4 seater?
No it is a 2 seater. Pep has this chassis design set up so that this could very easily become a four seater. Wheel base would be about 108 to 110 max. The two seater will see double duty as trail rig with room for a cooler and as a comp rig. This chassis as it sits right now could be configured very easily to a rear engine buggy too.

Wont be as small a footprint as Shane's buggy but should side hill like a mutha with full width sixties. Not to say that Shane's buggy doesnt side hill like a mutha too!:smokin:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wetnsloppy4x said:

Yes it will by my buggy.

Pep put a lot of thought into this thing before he even cut a tube. The pictures just do not do it justice.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More pictures.

Pepper got the rear truss all welded together. Looks awsome. :thumb: The rear lower links are all welded up. 7/8 x 7/8 hiem with jimmy joints on the other end.

Art Carr shifter came in today.

The front shaft has to be a two piece unit. (A lot of buggies use two piece shafts in the front i hear) The C6 with links in the way create a very small space. Owyhee Rockman and I figured we would have to use one when we were going to build the commando earlier. I ordered the atlas with flanges front and rear but the front flange has to go and AA already sent me the replacement yoke. Shane brought in two piece shaft for mock up.

The seat brackets are in and welded up. I took a picture of the car with the cool hood I found on ebay. Pepper is going to match the line of the hood with tube. It is a little narrow at the dash end. Pep plans on running parallel tube down the side of the hood and I will fill in with sheet metal or aluminum. The cool thing is the coil-overs should fit under the hood for a clean look. The hood is going to be low enough to not be in the drivers site picture to much.

Attachments

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Whens the targeted completion date? You going to have it out this summer?

I like that rear truss. Nice! :beer:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hope to have the chassis back from Pepper the end of this week or the first part of next week. Looking at it now you would think it is further out than that but pepper says that the top of the car will go quickly.

I will then drag it over to Ken (Owyhee Rockman) at Foothills motors to have all of the plumbing/wiring/sheetmetal done. Ken says it will take three weeks to complete that part.

I will then take it out for a shakedown and then back to Foothills for lockers and gears. We will then build panels for the sides, strip it down and paint it!

I was really shooting for end of Feb as a shakedown date but that will not happen. I really would like to take it to Moab for EJS and show off the talent in Idaho!

·
Registered
530 Posts
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY,get that fawking box off the side of my rig,your scratching the shit outta that show quality paint job :pissed: :mad:Hope you got reaaaaaaaaaaaaal good insurance,cause thats going to cost ya :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beer:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Junks coming out sweet brutha,just ordered up some pizza's and putting in some extra hours on that turd tonight,Well Pepper is,I'll sit back,eat pizza,drink Pepsi and fetch a tool here and there :thumb:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I figured the new owner would dig the "rock rash" that I created with the box! :flipoff:

Thanks for helping Pep out.:thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Daaaaaang Tony,i think i'm going to have to itemize up a seperate bill!!Besides the moral support I offer Pepper for free and getting to learn some fab'n skills,that dude was working me like a hebrew slave tonight! Had me pulling broom,drill press and grinder duty !
And my time aint cheap brutha :thumb: :thumb: hahahahaha

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RockPunk said:
Daaaaaang Tony,i think i'm going to have to itemize up a seperate bill!!Besides the moral support I offer Pepper for free and getting to learn some fab'n skills,that dude was working me like a hebrew slave tonight! Had me pulling broom,drill press and grinder duty !
And my time aint cheap brutha :thumb: :thumb: hahahahaha
Im not paying you a damn thing! You were there all night and you did not take one picture!:mad: :flipoff: :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Triple T said:
Im not paying you a damn thing! You were there all night and you did not take one picture!:mad: :flipoff: :rotfl:
yeah he's a loser, lets give him a blanket party, I just happen to know where he sleeps too :deal:

1 - 20 of 118 Posts