Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off work. Found out today that Petersons 4x4 magazine is starting their Ultimate Adventure this year from boise area for their 1,100 mile trip and ending somewhere in nevada. Tuff Country stopped by our shop with their toyota buggy and i also ran across tim hardy and his samari at a small carwash down on chinden. Their gonna be down at the motorfest tonight but will be heading out tomorrow or late tonite is what tim said. would love to see these guys run some trails if anyone could find out where their gonna go tomorrow.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
sounds kewl:drive: :drive: ....have fun seeing them at the motorfest!!!

that sammi of Tims is one of my favorites!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Never heard of it, that like the Top Truck Challenge?

·
Registered
198 Posts
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
muddinmike said:
Nate, Your a idiot

:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
nate said:
Never heard of it, that like the Top Truck Challenge?
I take it you don't read 4wheel & off-road. You should do a search on google about it. Basically it is a big 4 wheeling road trip the magazine has been doing for about 5 years.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
they are all over town....seen em down on the cruise...around fred meyer on chinden...Saw the Off Road Design Wagoneer....still hunting for the built FJ cruiser that is supposed to be running

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I swung through the parking lot at the double tree and yapped at a dude for a while. One guy all ready blew his rear ring gear lol

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
the toyota right???

saw him on pirate...looking for 5 29 gears...

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
they got the gears, will be up and running in the morning. Even the guys running the trails werent told where they were. Im just gonna do my own thing and make sure Im not out on the trails getting in their way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chevycrew said:
they got the gears, will be up and running in the morning. Even the guys running the trails werent told where they were. Im just gonna do my own thing and make sure Im not out on the trails getting in their way.
ya like i said they were down at our shop. the toyota looks awesome. but then again i'm a toyota guy. most of all i would love to see their new fj in person, even if its not on the trail. i wont be on the trails tomorrow to bother them as i'm gonna go get an engine for my cruiser.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cannoncrawler said:
sounds kewl:drive: :drive: ....have fun seeing them at the motorfest!!!

that sammi of Tims is one of my favorites!!!
didn't get down to motorfest to see the rest but the sami was cool. looks awesome with the giant krawlers on the beat up tiny sami. tim was a real cool guy. i just pulled up in the carwash behind him and he stopped and talked for a while. same with the guys from tough country. i'll have to try and get some pix of their rig when they bring it back down to the shop and load it into their trailer

·
Registered
545 Posts
Crap, and I wasted the entire night at work. Those guys put out the only mag I read anymore. I'm totally looking forward to the next few issues now.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ok, I remember the Avalanche now that I looked on google. No I don't read 4x4 mags other than the free one I get from 4WP.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
77fixer said:
Don't they usually have some locals showing them around?"shaking:
I think so but I dont live in Boise so I dont know if anybody is showing them around.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
guess who they got the longfield cryoed and treated 5.29 gears from?
:drive: :drive: :drive:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts