Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got parts mikes hi steer setup for my D 60 a while back and while there have been a couple screwups every time I have called him for help he has sent me the stuff I needed even overnighted me some parts without me paying for the overnight stuff. Anyway just tried to tighten everything down on my steering tonight and the taper on the arms was wrong. They were sent to me without a taper and I got them tapered locally. I also find out my pitman arm needed tapered out. E-mailed parts mike and he must have been online cause he called me back in 5 min. Anyway he said just send him the arms back and he will get them right for me and he is also going to put the right taper in my pitman arm. Like I said there were a couple of screwups on his part but he has made every one of them right. Just thought I would share a good expiriance with an aftermarket vendor. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
how bout your experiences with all the local vendors that are always bailin yer dork azz out?
:finger: :finger: :finger:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
All you guys are good to have on our side to bail our asses out. Hope I can return the favor someday.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
THAT is one of the things that makes this site so awesome... we all get to know each other and share our skills with each other! :thumb: :thumb:

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
blazinzuk said:
I got parts mikes hi steer setup for my D 60 a while back and while there have been a couple screwups every time I have called him for help he has sent me the stuff I needed even overnighted me some parts without me paying for the overnight stuff. Anyway just tried to tighten everything down on my steering tonight and the taper on the arms was wrong. They were sent to me without a taper and I got them tapered locally. I also find out my pitman arm needed tapered out. E-mailed parts mike and he must have been online cause he called me back in 5 min. Anyway he said just send him the arms back and he will get them right for me and he is also going to put the right taper in my pitman arm. Like I said there were a couple of screwups on his part but he has made every one of them right. Just thought I would share a good expiriance with an aftermarket vendor. :rotfl: :rotfl:
Was the savings great enough for the hassle??? I like ORD for the quality the first time out of the box it is right.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
twistedjack said:
blazinzuk said:
Was the savings great enough for the hassle??? I like ORD for the quality the first time out of the box it is right.
I agree with this totally.....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Or you just head down to the local 4wd shop, support your local community and get the right product when you leave :thumb:

Parts Mike is a good guy though! We have used many of his products!

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My point wasn't really that it has been worth all the trouble it was just that Mike is making it right. Steve at CBI is one of the best and I hope his business grows to where it is alot more than what it is now. And I hate to say it Rude but Salt Lake is more local for me than Boise. I would have gotten ORD arms but at the time the parts mike ones were a way better deal (thanks to Steve at CBI). I just think it is good to know other poeples expirenaces with mailorder vendors. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Rudezuk said:
Or you just head down to the local 4wd shop, support your local community and get the right product when you leave :thumb:

Parts Mike is a good guy though! We have used many of his products!
That's exactly what he did......unfortunatly Mike didn't get it right for me the first time, there was a long delay between arrival and installation so Eric just took it upon himself to deal with Mike directly, I'm assuming to save me the hassle, Mike is a stand up guy and made sure it ended good, this is the third time I've ordered xover steering parts from him and first time there has been any confusion. Vendors make mistakes from time to time, it's how they deal with them that makes them good or bad :deal: I'd say Mike is a good vendor :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts