Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bad Dawg loaned us a set of front paddle tires for the Willys. Anybody interested there will be a race in Kimberly this Sat.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Dang Glen. UB lookin' Bad now dude!:thumb:

They should help git dat front end outa d mud.

I got the tape done by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I like the new paint Job Glenn. It looks mean.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That thing is mean. You should enter it in the sled pulls!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lehi we painted it this spring before the first race.

Ken, I have an extra fender, needs a little body work. Maybe we can do some trading. We thought about painting the teeth gold. One of the guys I work with put them on.

Nate, thanks for the suggestion but when we built the truck it was with only mud and sand racing in mind. I am pretty sure with a 20 thousand pound sled as soon as the Nitros hits it would blow the half ton running gear into dust.

Lots of thanks to Bad Dawg, if the front tires work out we will put a set on our christmas list.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I haven't seen you guys all year looks like you've got that beast looking pretty good. How did the race go? Did the front paddles seem to make a diference?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
From where I was sitting (in the Dawg) it seemed to really help. Phyllis (my better half) took videos and it really looked like he floated the front end much better. He got 2nd place in Pro Mud with the paddles and 1st place in Pro Stock. It was a good day for the Willy's :thumb:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tires worked awsome. The first run we were first in the pit because of a twisted drive line by Ron Lewis. The Willys was able to get on top of the mud and was just half a second behind the Dawg. On the second pro mud run we think the locker in the front let go, it jumped sideways into the burm and had to get out of the power to get corrected. In pro stock we were able to get around some really well built big block trucks and take first place. We have some changes planned in the next three weeks before the Pleasant Valley race. Going to miss the small block, its running beyond our expectations.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Heads up! I just got off the Pleasant Valley race Tracks web site and they said there is a race on September 9th!!!!!!!:shocked:

Next Race..Saturday, September 9th, Fall Motocross at Pleasant Valley Cycle Park....For Detailed Racing info please see our Events page.
[EMAIL="[email protected]"][/EMAIL]
PVCP Hotline: (208) 426-0418

Hot Dirt
8/28/2006 Next Race at Pleasant Valley....Motocross and 4 X 4 Mud Races on Saturday, September 9th. Gates will open at 4:00, practice at 5:00 and Racing at 6:30. We are looking forward to mixing these two event together, and bring in more spectators to watch both evernts.
http://www.idahopotato.com/

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure whats going on here. I was under the impression the race ( 1 ) was set up for Sept 23.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Sorry to hyjack your thread. It was the quickest way to get hold of you Glen.

Mark called last night and is trying to get things cleared up. He expects to find out stuff today after meeting with them face to face later today. A bunch of us won't be able to make the 9/9 date because of plans made around their first date of 9/23.

Back to the paddle topic. I expect the Willy's to do extremely well between the paddles and the performance enhancements planned for the 9/23 race!:thumb:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hyjack always ok. I talked to mark about it last night when I saw your post. Hope everything gets worked out ok. We are putting another truck together and my Sister and Neice are flying up from Tahoe on the 23 to race it. Plane ticketts are bought and everything. Not sure if we can make the 9th either. Marks out of town and the Willys may be down.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Damn I hope you get those dates worked out seems like you have been trying pretty hard to make that a good race it would suck to have the dates get changed and throw everyone off.
Sounds like you must be going the BB rought that should step it up a little. It is pretty fun beating up on BB's with a small block:thumb:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Very true... heck most of the bigger trucks run dumptruck or tractor axles because the 1 ton stuff doesn't hold up!

Nate, thanks for the suggestion but when we built the truck it was with only mud and sand racing in mind. I am pretty sure with a 20 thousand pound sled as soon as the Nitros hits it would blow the half ton running gear into dust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts