Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
looks like it should work well, I might worry about overloading the axle, but I dont know how heavy everything is either. Hows the tongue weight on that beast?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the unique part.
trailer weighs 12 ish empty, tongue weight of two ish.
Camper I am sure weighs in at 12 or so I am guessing, the last one weighed 14.
Its a manure spreader, so axle and frame is heavy enough for 3/4 of a ton.

Witht he bulk of the camper so far back. it counter balances the tongue weight, and I can pick the tongue up off the ground, well tires for a tongue stand, with one hand.

Anything over 35mph, and it walks side to side, bad.

So, got to move the axle back a foot, get heavier duty tires, 205/75/15 4 plys bitch at the job, and then add a few things to the tongue; i.e. ball tongue, as opposed to implement bolt, , truck box for jacks and tools, etc.
it will work out fine.

In it essentially 0$,

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
hell before the work of moving the axle I would fully outfit it, and load down the front with extra gear and stuff, then weigh it... I believe than you want around 10% on the tongue for it to tow well...

Someone correct me if im wrong

so it it wieghs 3000lbs total only 300lbs on the tongue

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a thought too, but not hard to slide back, already pretapped holes, thank you MF!
If I bolted the tongue on, (grade 8, and healthy not a complete fool) (just for transport purpose from here to there)could I get somebody to weld a bead around my new tongue onto this farme for like a case or $20 or something?
Or better yet, turn me loose, so I can get a little more welding experience than I have, will still kick down the whatever.
Think it will be temporarily parked in the cloverdale amity area, and actually theres 220 at its temporary home, so I wouldn't even have to dick with the temporary bolting, could just cut off the bad, and set the new in place, then could be sparked.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be just South of West Highlander tomorrow, If I have any takers on the Welding of the tongueage

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'll be happy to weld it for, but I live in Eagle area off of hwy 55. We could even have a little conversation about having your Cherokee finding a new home!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
springs: yeah, working on that, donor 1/2 cab f2fiddy, has plenty of springs to go around.
Welding: GlenC, you are closer to my pad, but might have to take up ricochets offer, as he is closer to temporary storage
Cherokee: Ricochet, call me,anytime after 6, lets talk.also ^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts