Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Easy to clean like a partridge/grouse? or are they not for eating?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
You are so not a ******* Nate. Grab the dove Placing the wings between your fingers. Stick your opposite hands Middle and index finger at the bottom of the breast. Stab those fingers in and Pull up. A little twist and you have a breast with no wings. takes about 10 secdonds a bird.

Travis kick ass. That is a good limit. How long were you out?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
three of us went out around 7am we got back around 1pm that was all the birds we got.
i think we were in the wrong places at the wrong time it was cold and windy up at anderson only saw two birds,driving around bennett Mtn didnt see to many and some other spots i like to go only produced a an few birds but there is still a whole month left to hunt dove and only 15 days left til quail opens up.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Lehi... I've never hunted little birds like that.

Just partridge and cotton tail rabbits..... mmmm mmmm mmmm.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Travis You need to head down to Bruneau. Go off towards the river down Hot Creek Rd.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i went out this morning and got quite a few they are good eatin... we have a place up her above rexburg on the bench and there are thousands of them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so i was thinking about how many birds i shot yesterday, i counted 9 that i shot and 3 that my other two buddies shot so i checked my vest this morning and there were the other birds in the front pockets:darn:

But my buddies just came by and dropped off 13 that they got this morning so dinner will be good tonight :drool:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Hey you try sauteeing them in a butter with each breast coated in Lemon Pepper. They are pretty good that way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dad cooks em like that all the time, they are very good :drool:

the ones i cooked today i let marienade in italian overnight then wrapped them in bacon and slow cooked them over the BBQ. they were pretty good never had them like that before.

Gonna head out again tomarrow. i have to find a new recipe for Dove cuz ive already gone through 2 bottles of italian.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow, travis...haven't heard from ya in like forever, and you show up with a new dog and a slew full of birds. Starting to feel a little unloved here...

lets see...my mom used to bake dove and quail with wild rice and mushrooms, it was a pretty spicy dish if I recall correctly. She also had this recipie for raspberry - brandy sauce as a marinade, which was really good with any kind of bird, or rabbit too. I can't remember how she cooked them after that marinade though, I'll have to get off my lazy tail and call her one of these days.

Glad to see you had fun!

·
Registered
374 Posts
If anyone needs some company I would love to go!

I do most of my hunting in the bell rapids area and don't know of any spots out here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts