Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a one month contest. The person who gets the most people to sign up on Planet 4x4 gets either the choice of three T-shirts, any size and color.

"How do we do that and keep track of it?" you ask. :D

There are two ways to get credit for referring a new user, there is a new field when a person registers where they can put in a username of the person whe registered them. There is also a code snipet that is a link that will give you credit.

The code snipet and the tracking is done here:

http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/referrers.php

and I'll add a link on the main page under the navigation.

When you are logged in on that page, you will see the code.

The clock starts now and ends August 24th at 2PM. The top referrer gets the goods.

So get some people to sign up and help the place grow!

Good luck! :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah I'm going to pass on this one. The soccer moms infiltrating the site would not be a pretty thing.

Recent threads would read: NEW recipies for turkey casserole; Quilting 101; How to remove bubblegum from the family dog's fur; is your baby fussy eater? :rotfl:

What do I get for saving the site from such evil atrocities??

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the idea is to get people that are somewhat interested in Off Roading.:rotfl:

If we get that kind of stuff, Its open season. :deal: :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could but I'm watching for it. :deal:

I'm hoping this is a way for the site to grow. I'm already over a grand in the hole this year. :darn:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
passing the word now! Cool idea!

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Hey matt, you wanna make this a sticky, till the contest is over. That way its easy to find and we all can keep track of our progress.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was hoping for a better response also.

Between this and the T-shirt thing, I'm getting burned out.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Im working my butt off for the site. Ive noticed a bunch of new people not on the referral lists either. Hope it keeps growing, and everyone feels welcome.

As soon as my finances pick up, I will order shirts from you as well.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Sandman said:
I was hoping for a better response also.

Between this and the T-shirt thing, I'm getting burned out.
Ever thought of doing some type of pay[elite :flipoff:] membership?

Id kick in some bones to help support the site, I always thought the more members you draw the more money it costs to run the site, so whats the reason in trying to increase membership?

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the costs are all: Hosting fee's, license for the different softwares that I use, advertising, and now T-Shirt and sticker costs. This year its rolled over $1,000 (mostly due to the shirts).

The biggest cost is my time but that is real relative as I still look at this place as a hobby.

If I had a better income off of this place, I would roll it into advertising and other stuff like giveaways or something. I've thought about the upgraded membership but I'm not sold yet.

I've seen places go so far as to heavily limit posting in most forums to just a fancy pic next to thier name. I've considered an upgraded membership that would have a bigger PM box, pic of some kind next to the name, the ability to use attachments or something along those lines. A regular account could still do most everything also. I'm just not sure if this place is big enough to do something like that.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Someone has to be more resourseful than I am.....LETS SEE IT....after seeing what matt has to say about the costs, I would love for someone to put up a challenge and beat me...at first I wanted the goods, now its a bonus and getting new members is the biggest payoff.

We already have more posts on here from out of Idaho than before, so we are doing something right.

What bothers me the most, 1131 members, 4 of us have referrals.

·
Registered
66 Posts
chevycrew said:

What bothers me the most, 1131 members, 4 of us have referrals.
Yeah and I'm in second..:darn: I'm all for the advancement of all 4x4 related forums except for POR:cussing: . But be patient RME took years to really catch on and is closely approaching 5k members this site is great and I do more lurking than anything. One day I'll go back to Idaho. Keep up the good work guys. And props to the vendors they support this site really well in comparison to alot of the other forums I frequent esp. considering the size of the current member base here:thumb:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts