Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the account upgraded to more server space, more bandwidth and the ability to do a few more things that I wanted. So here was the plan:

- Host to creat new area on the better server to move to.
-I would move files over, setup the new database and so on.
- When finished, I would let then know and they would delete old and point Planet4x4 to the new area.

What really happened:

- Set it up over the phone on Friday
- Decided to make a database backup after I hung up just to be safe.
- Host deleted old webspace Friday evening with no notice. This blew away everything including email address like mine.
- Host setup new area with a totally different password. I cannot get in.
- Spend two hours on phone with host because they are a boat of retards.

So the short of it is: Any posts past around 1 or 2 pm on Friday are lost. I pulled the last file backup about Tuesday so most pics and attachments made it. You may notice some PM's gone but I have not finished restoring those yet along with some other stuff.

I should have everything solid tonight or at the latest, tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the inconvienence. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
781 Posts
Don't worry about it Matt, sounds about like my experience with v-deck :angryfir:

Got the stickers :thumb: they look great :thumb: I will be applying them as soon as I get the runner repainted :deal:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
there are some seriously wierd bugs with the site now... when I try to check the posts since I last visited and when I post topics, I get really strange debug stuff..

Game area works OK tho!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a few possibles in mind that I'm lookin at. Just waiting untill my account here runs out.

Its just a real pain to move servers, but in this case, might be worth it. :roll:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh man. I know how you feel though. Who are you using? They should just be able to upgrade your plan with out messing anything up. At least you backed up your db. haha.

May I suggest ionhosting.com ;) thats what im using for all my sites...

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using Ipowerweb for this site but I'm using Aplus for the other 6 sites I also run. whistle

I've toyed with the idea of getting a dedicated server and putting everything onto it. Its just not cost effective yet.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts