Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the account upgraded to more server space, more bandwidth and the ability to do a few more things that I wanted. So here was the plan:

- Host to creat new area on the better server to move to.
-I would move files over, setup the new database and so on.
- When finished, I would let then know and they would delete old and point Planet4x4 to the new area.

What really happened:

- Set it up over the phone on Friday
- Decided to make a database backup after I hung up just to be safe.
- Host deleted old webspace Friday evening with no notice. This blew away everything including email address like mine.
- Host setup new area with a totally different password. I cannot get in.
- Spend two hours on phone with host because they are a boat of retards.

So the short of it is: Any posts past around 1 or 2 pm on Friday are lost. I pulled the last file backup about Tuesday so most pics and attachments made it. You may notice some PM's gone but I have not finished restoring those yet along with some other stuff.

I should have everything solid tonight or at the latest, tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the inconvienence. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
781 Posts
Don't worry about it Matt, sounds about like my experience with v-deck :angryfir:

Got the stickers :thumb: they look great :thumb: I will be applying them as soon as I get the runner repainted :deal:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
there are some seriously wierd bugs with the site now... when I try to check the posts since I last visited and when I post topics, I get really strange debug stuff..

Game area works OK tho!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a few possibles in mind that I'm lookin at. Just waiting untill my account here runs out.

Its just a real pain to move servers, but in this case, might be worth it. :roll:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm using Ipowerweb for this site but I'm using Aplus for the other 6 sites I also run. whistle

I've toyed with the idea of getting a dedicated server and putting everything onto it. Its just not cost effective yet.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.