Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Wild West Offroaders are planning a 4wd play day at the Optimist Park in Mountain Home. Complete events are still under the drawing board, but should include: rock crawl, obstacle course, reverse obstacle course, tug-o-war, racing on the motocross track, and a bunch of other skilled events (ie. egg balancing over the obstacle course, basketball shoot during the course, blindfold driving with navigation instructions from the codriver). Entrance fees and complete list of events will be posted on the WWOR website, probably in the forum. This is going to be held at the same facility as the Mud Drags and Motorcross races. Bring your rigs and your family and have a good relaxing time!! www.wildwest4wd.com

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
****Here is some more info*******

This is what we are planning on doing we are still in the process of getting everything approved

December 11th Obstacle/Top Truck/Food Drive Event 1 Day No Classes

Entrance Fees as follows:

$20.00 + 2 non perishable food items for non-members this includes lunch and a $10.00 coupon towards a Wild West Off Roader membership.

$10.00 + 2 non perishable food items for members this includes lunch

$5.00 for spectators this includes lunch and food items are highly recommended

This event will consist of the following activities

Tractor Pull

Acceleration and Braking

Railroad ties

Driving in Reverse

Articulation Ramp

And if the Rhino is running a blind fold drive navigated by the passenger

An Obstacle Course that will include more than just driving shooting hoops (by driver and passenger before continuing the course) and balancing an egg (while driving)

Please contact Mikey @ 590-0793 or Dan @ 599-3400 for more information & registration

***for any questions or suggestions, post them here or on the WWOR site and I will answer them as best as I can******

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
there gonna be any discount for members of other clubs? I'll be there if I can keep my rig running :roll:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if there will be any discounts for other clubs, I will kick the idea up on Dec 7 at our meeting.

Hope to see a good turnout with lots of food donations!! Not only do you get to have some goofy fun with your rides and kids down here, but you also get to help us support some needy families!!! :thumb: :thumb:

And I think it looks good for Off Road groups to support the community any way we can..

Just a little FYI: The WWOR club has to pay for insurance for this event, and we are hoping to at least get enough trucks to break even, but if we don't, we still feel good that we are doing our best to spread some Christmas spirit!

·
Registered
530 Posts
WHats the spectating area look like..is it back the truck up drop the tailgate and chill..or is it grandstand?Whats the fire regulations like..if its back the tailgate up and watch,was looking at bring a burn barrel and some wood..i dont recall seeing directions either..so someone post up directions coming from murphy if ya dont mind. :finger:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's more like, back the truck up to the bon fire!!! We have a car trailer stacked full of pallets just waited to be soaked with diesel and lit!

Got some more info on the events:

Last night we made a sled out of 10 inch and 6 inch pipe. We will be loading it one at a time with three 3700 lb concrete blocks. First run is with one, semifinals with two, and if anyone can make it to the finals, three on the sled!! That'll be 11,500 lbs to drag!! Where's that 6x6 military truck I saw for sale on the site!! :finger:

Also, the RTI ramp is done, flexed my truck on it this morning!

Obstacle course will have some railroad ties, small rocks, and some other obstacles, this course is set up so that a stock truck can do it, but a modded truck will be faster!

We will have a timed acceleration test, and a braking test!!

Trophies will be given for the top truck in each event, as well as one for the top truck for all events!

As far as directions: If your coming from Boise, take exit 90, follow it into town, take a right before the Taco Johns, stay to the right and follow it out the the Optimist Park.

from Grandview, take 67 into Mtn. Home, at the junction of 51 and 67(there is a fairly new chevron on the corner), turn left onto elmcrest, follow it to the Park.

Here is a link to where a map is, just click on maps on the left side column, scroll down to Mtn Home, the park is at the corner of 5th and elmcrest.
http://www.whiteknuckleracing.org/

I talked to the club about discounts for other clubs and we were undecided, so as of right now, I guess no, but I will talk to them more tommorrow morning.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Coool beans..I'll bring my barell and wood just in case there isnt ample room .Trying to decidewhich way is faster.Will be rolling out with Shane with the comp buggy in tow.Since he lives in meridan,is it faster to get ont he freeway and bust balls out there,or head thru Kuna then out my way to mnt home???any one got an educated guess??

·
Registered
530 Posts
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY,you never stated a time that this shin digger kicks off.. :finger:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well I'm gonna be riding with Shane,so we have to hit his shop in the Am to grba the buggy so looks like were hititng the freeway to mnt home.Thnaks Brett for the directions though brutha..

Lump, blaze isnt hitting the scene this time around brutha,am helping Shane out with his junk..but am kinda curious now as to how it would have performed on the sled....See ya'll in the afternoon :finger:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
530 Posts
:rotfl: reckon you'll have the bench racing trophy then :thumb: I'll wheel ya heads up on the 18th for what ever ya win..hahahahahaa :thumb:
shoooooooot ,since the dodge tranny took the shit the other night,and will be driving the blaze to Shanes..might have to see if it'll fit on the trailer with the buggy,with all the "call out" shouting going round here..muahhaahahahah

hmmmmmmmmm 11,600 doesnt sounds all that heavy.i think outters or the stocker hubs would blow though on the final run..or maybe not.... :thumb: . :thumb: whens the next time this event is going to be on??

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to those who came down!!! I think everyone had some fun!

We ended up with five events: Egg carry/barrel race, Start/stop on pavement and dirt, Articulation Ramp, Sled Pull, and the Obstacle Course.

We had around fifteen trucks show up, and only a few break. The casualties included a 97 chevy that lost it's distributor gear just lining up for the first event, he got it fixed, but missed all the events. The next was an 85 CJ7 that spit a rear driveshaft on the Start/Stop. The last was a 76 Chevy that was welded front and rear, lost something in the front differential leaving it with only 2wd.

Winners were:

Shane Yost (Rudezuk) Articulation (with comp buggy)
Chris Bowman (Lumpdog) Egg carry/Barrel race (78 chevy)
Kurt Schmidt Obstacle Course (with a bone stock Samurai)
Dan Meksch Start/stop and the Sled Pull (77 chevy)

And overall the top truck was Dan Meksch's 77 Chevy

We ate over $60 worth of hot dogs and soda!!! This was lots of fun, and hopefully for the next one, we will have a lot more trucks and people show up!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for having us out Chris.Had a good time,and looking forward to
the next time..definetly have to bring my junk out,and show ya'll whats really going down :thumb:

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts