Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I understand there are two seperate runs for november, both taking place on the 13th. The first will be to bruneau canyon, a relatively easy trail that will be a bit more challenging if it's wet out. The second will be to marble canyon and as I understand this is a hardcore trail. However I have never been there.
Both groups will meet at the chevron on airbase road in mountain home at 9:00, we will head out at 9:30. I will be leading the easy run, we need a volunteer to run marble canyon though.

Also, if there is anybody interested in doing a prerun of these trails on the sixth or the seventh let me know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If I understand correctly there are 2 Bruneau canyons. Which one are you planning on running, the one with the waterfall right at the front, or the other where someone broke a control are earlier this year?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this is the one where mike destroyed his radius arms

·
Registered
306 Posts
It starts like this....

and then it goes like this....

and then it goes like this....

and then it goes like this...

and then it goes like this...

and then you come out like this...

Any more questions?! :deal:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doug those are pictures of two different trails. I take it that smaller one we ran last summer was marble canyon?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey your bumpers straight in that last picture :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well here is the latest. I ran bruneau again today and was able to finish the loop. I found a couple washes that look like they would be fun, and one of these days i'm going to continue up the streambed, it looks like it goes quite a ways.
The vast majority of the bruneau trail can be run by a stock vehicle, however there a re a couple sections where 32" tires or above are necessary.
But since I couldn't get anybody to come with on the prerun and nobody has stepped up so far to lead marble canyon, that trail is out for the moment. I have no idea where it is and no clue as to what it is like.

See ya next week :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Time wise about how long will it take (no major problems wise) to complete the loop. I can come as long as I am back home about 3:30 to take over watching my little girl.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nov trail run

where is this chevron @ in Mtn Home? I will be coming from Nampa and dont know the Mtn Home area well :beer:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tjeremy, most likely 2-3 hours, depends on the group. It's a pretty quick trail but there are areas to play around on that might take longer

Dirtybird, from boise take the first mountain home exit. This will put you onto highway 30. Continue down this road, it will take you into town. You will come to an underpass that bears to the right. Continue through the underpass and you are now on airbase road. A mile or so down the road on the left is the chevron station, it is right past a storage yard and a large dirt field. If you get to the airport you've gone too far, if you get to the air force base you've gone way too far :mrgreen:

Bruneau is about 25 miles from there

Another way but i'm not sure if it will be quicker is to head out like you're going to dans ferry service and then jsut keep going. This will get you to grand view and I believe if you keep going it will put you right into bruneau. There is a gas station and a little mini-mart, if you wait there we should be by around 10 or so.

cb is channel 5

·
Registered
530 Posts
:roll: DAMN,I wish I had saw this earlier.I would have come along with you no sweat.I live pretty much at the Melba/Murphy county line and only a few clicks away from Grandview.Dont have nothing but time on my hands,and always down for a ride.If you want to head back an try an find the other canyon sometime this week before the run,hit me up,I am more then interested.. :finger:

·
Registered
530 Posts
"TheDave" Hey ya'll mind if I tag along with ya guys this weekend?Will more then likely meet ya'll in Brun since I am about 8 miles past Dan's ferry service.Can you give me a pretty definet time ya'll be thru there,an a lil more description/name of the gas staion/minimart,which side of the road,etc.IF you see the K5 pulled over somewhere in Brun besides the meet up spot.be sure an grab me up.Will have the cb on "5"
If anyone is coming from Nampa,Caldwell,etc and wants to meet up at my place,which is ruffly 8 miles past Dans Ferry service on hwy 78, and convoy into Brun,hit me up!!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know that second Chevron they are talking about. it will be on your right side just before the road they will turn left on. :mrgreen: hows that for description?? :thumb:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
supposedly the rains gonna keep up for a while, that'll make the trail a bit more challenging because most of it is loose dirt. rockpunk, you're more than welcome to come with.
I don't remember the names of the stores but you cant miss them. From the direction you'll be coming the gas station is on the left, the mini mart is on the right about a half block down. They're the only stores in town. If you go too far you'll end up in mountain home so you'll run into us anyways.

·
Registered
530 Posts
:thumb: SWEEEEEEEEET descrip Jerm.slipped the mind of how small it actualy is..
Should be set direction wise after tomorrow morn,I am meeting "TheDave" up in Bruno to go prerun lost canyon,and scout around abit.. Was anyone coming thru the Murphy route an want to convoy from my place?See the rest of ya'll come saturday! :finger:

·
Registered
155 Posts
dave

dave do u know how many people r going on the run sat.
i think i'll b there..

anyone that's leaving from boise, do we want to run
as a group to mt. home or ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts