Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow what a day! I think everybody had a little trouble and body damage, some worse than others. Myself being one of the worst. Managed to take out my front driveline just in front of the V - wedge ledge. Lots of winching and jacking to get me out in 2 wheel and to get rescue rigs positioned. Thanks a ton to everybody. The whole group worked together and helped everyone out. It was a great time. If anyone feels like doing a more formal report that would be sweet. And lets see some of those pics!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
bummer didn't even get to put the detroit to use for the whole trail huh

·
Registered
58 Posts
no, but he did remind the rest of us how VALUABLE that front wheel drive can be :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I guess I'll start the picture posting.

These are all the rigs that were there minus Jeremy's black chevy. He arrived after I took the picture. I didn't realize until I got home and uploaded all my pictures I didn't even get any real pictures of his truck, but you can see it in the background of a couple.

The wife's Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Before the break

After the break (obviously)

Extraction begins

Not a strong tow hook

Entering meat grinder

Don't want to slip here

I had a really good time. Thanks to everyone for the help. Now lets see some more pics.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
it was a real good day, sorry I wasn't able to hang out till the end.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for showing up for the ride fellas.had a kick ass time meeting and wheelin with ya'll.

The Blazer and the detroit worked flawlessly thru out the entire day.except a few times that i picked shitty lines.
Didnt have a problem in Carnage.Took a line in C.C that NAte said he hadnt seen a fullsize take.He then one upped me by taking the same line,but stuffing a tire about 3 foot higher up the wall.Which is where his problems started.While he was all flexed out up on the shear vert wall,it decided to give way,tumbling some HUGE boulders under his rig and on/in the line.As he was coming down and off the wall,he came directly down on some newly placed boulders splitting his front drive shaft in two right at the welds.

Anywhooo,I believe we got into C.C round 11ish,last I looked at my watch it was 310 and we still had NAte a ways to get out,and then MntGoat to still come all the way thru.Got em both the rest the way thru,with a few snags here and there.MntGoat scored some body damage,the 1st he's put on that rig,in the 10 yrs he owned it.. :thumb:
Josh H was HAMMERING DOWN man style as usual in his 73 CJ5,pretty sure he got a few more dents an gouges in his sheetmetal.only problems that lil go getter had was a slip'n clutch and his carb..I know he had me cringing once or twice waititng to hear those axles grenading,while he put that skinny pedal to the floor ,but alas,she held up.Even got it in to the botom of the waterfall in Meat Grinder,then back 'er down and called it a night
Mnt Goat.What can ya say,for an open rig,on 38.5" SX's he did pretty damn good,think we only had to get him on the strap no more then 3 times.Think he damaged his driver sied fuel tank to almost match his passenger side,lil ding/dent in the door,and some rockers.but besdies that was a pretty good day for em
TJemery.open Jeep on 35"s,well factory limited slip out back so pretty much open..hahahahahah.As usual Jerm was pretty much walking through C.C got on the strap once or twice,a few rocks here and there and he was good to go.Think the only thing hesuffered was me ripping his rear bumper completly off,sheared the metal mounting plates clean off :finger:
DirtBird.Man take sthe balls of the week award..With his wife outta town,he takes HER jeep rubicon out,locked up front an rear 31" MTR's,and proceeded to scratch the shat outta the hard top,rear fender flare,front fender smashed,flared open the front bumper,mangled the front lic plate,and sure some rock rash elsewhere...Dont know how much more we'll see of DB in the nex few..He was all smiles on the outside,but sure he had the bubbly guts on the inside,thinking bout what he wife was going to say when she see's her rig once back in town..HAHAHAHHA,you the man DB
Brett,pretty much walked thru CC and meat grinder,til i forced him out to come in with his winch to help get me out at the very top of M.G.Think he only suffered that split hardtop..Thnaks for trail elading brutha.. :thumb:

We pulled up out of the C.Can folks starting airing up,but I wantted to throttle down in Meat Grinder,and Brett said WTF and came in it with me..Picked a poopy line up the waterfall,trying to take the hardest line I saw and left a few hundred miles worth of swamper on the rocks,til nate gave me a few "wheels right" and up it came.Walked thru M.G pretty easily I thought,and then Nate mentioned.you can either pull out here or hit the extra credit.So needless to say we hit extra credit section.Ended up pretty much completly side ways in the xtra credit section,using my front passenger side fender and door as a pivot point,which in turn got me pretty much as close to a flop as not flopping as you can get.got outta that with a few hammer downs in reverse,forwards,more crunched sheetmetal,and a reverse that ended up bringin me back over getting the driver side tires back on the ground.So had about 10 more feet to go,an would have walked thru Meat grinder,and then the driver side hub decided it had enough an let itself go.continued on the last few feet,and had to have D.B slam his winch on me and assist'd me up the vert ledge to put me out on the dirt road.Needless to say,had a bitchin time with everyone.

looking forward to knocking out Lost trail/2 headed dragon on Dec 4th fellas..Get your junk back up an operational.. :finger: :beer:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Forgot....Wont be able to post/link up my pics til tuesday..but actualy looking thru the pics on the digy.There are only about 10-12 total..soooo looks like Dec 4th trip will be MAD picture taking.Jessie was snapping pics like a paid proffessional now that i think about it :thumb: Post up brutha.. :beer:

·
Registered
530 Posts
WEEEEEEEEEELP,looks like my initial "after run" report was a lil off..Was out side replacing a fus ethta blew knocking out my radio,and horn,and i happened to remember MNTGOAT pointing out metal shaving where the axle shaft goes into the axles tube.but it was dark and we were all wanting to head home so unlocked the hubs and got it..
Well the hub is definelty gone,shats blown out like an 1/8".Cranking the wheel all the way out,you can see some big metal shavings in/on the axle tube where the shaft slides in.So guessing my count is a mangled front fender,passenger side door,passenger side quarter panel,a hub,and either an outter or an inner shaft or both :thumb: :thumb: :finger: See ya on the 4th :beer:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Here's my pics boys...

What a day (and night) but it was fun...Met some good people and saw some good wheelin and breakage. Look forward to next time. Rockpunk shoot me an email so I have yours and your number would ya. I'll give you a jingle fer a quick weekend run sometime when my junks worky again. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Its been sent brutha..Down anytime to wheel..hit me up :thumb: :finger:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Last ones...

:deal:

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pics look awsome thanks! Wow, extreme close up :finger: I really need to get a digital camera one of these days. :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Got my junk loaded up to my webshots account..will try an linky..OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAA NATE Dawg..Step into my office...YOUR FAWKING FIRED!! from picture taking.. :finger: MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
messing..my digy is weird..you have to keep still after you take the pic for like a 1.5 secound count,or they get all blurry like the last few..

hope this link works..caus ei suck at the internet..

http://community.webshots.com/user/erict151

click on Hammer Down Run albumn

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey all, can anyone confirm that DirtyBird is still ALIVE after his wify saw what he did to HER rubicon??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My bad, sucks some of em are blurry. Some pretty good ones in there though. My guess is it was on night setting and it leaves the shutter open, should have known that :roll: :finger:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts