Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought i fixed it. here what i did. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/ind...showtopic=29509

now a new problem i think it's the fuel pump, but need a second opinion.
it ran fine all day saturday, and this morning not even a mile from home. first stop light i stopped at it was going fine, then the light turned green it bogged down a little under acceleration. next light it bogged down a light more, then it died right at the third light it started right back up. died turning in to a burger king, made it to a old home base parking lot and just parked it, walked home. a got my other truck ( achevy ) to tow it home. and that is where it is sitting now.

i don't want to waste money on parts that ain't it so any and all opinions wanted.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update

ok we (my dad and i) have narrowed it down to the carb, after we changed the fuel pump, coil, and lgnition module. he's rebuilding it tomorrow after work hope it works.

jim

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update

it runs, it was some build up of rust and junk from gas tank. so it don't do it again i'm putting in a fuel filter in before the fuel pump and after the tank.

thanx for the help

jim

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why is it always the simple cheap things, after we have already done the expensive difficult things?? :( :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts