Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bent a piece of 1 1/16" square tube, bolted it to the body and trimmed all the metal under it. Looked for something to cover the tire for quite a while and as it turns out the solution was in my garage. My old rocker guards fit the bill exactly, just need to trim a little up front. Tire is just mocked into place, so no I don't have mog outers.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Must be a jeep thing :rolleyes:

cheap trix are the best trix!! hell take Custom for example
:thumb: :drive:

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
me pick me lol 2 in 2 weeks, now i got flaps, full width of tire hang to about 10" from the ground.

Idaho statute 49-949

(c) Behind all wheels of every motor vehicle other than trucks, buses,
semitrailers, or trailers, the fenders or covers shall extend in full
width from a point above and forward of the center of the tire over and to
the rear of the wheel to a point that is not more than twenty (20) inches
above the surface of the highway, unless the bumper is a factory built
bumper fastened directly to the frame of the vehicle pursuant to factory
installation requirements;

so all in all, it has to cover the whole tire, within 20 of the ground.

we wont go into bumper laws lol

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
31 inches if its 4wd no matter the weight must extend the full original factory width. Headlights 52 inches to center of bulb. I have never been pulled over yet. I sit at 41 inches on the bumper and 63 inches to center of headlight. But I have semi mud flaps and some sweet fender flares.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mud flaps are easy, can be taken care of later on. At least it looks like I made an attempt of being legal. Maybe I should install an onboard doughnut fryer:drive:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Dembones said:
Mud flaps are easy, can be taken care of later on. At least it looks like I made an attempt of being legal. Maybe I should install an onboard doughnut fryer:drive:

Even more of a cop magnet, great idea. I honestly encourage that, (then they wont be concerned about my rig).

·
Registered
374 Posts
So far with just the flares and no flaps I ahve yet to be pulled over again. I had a Motor cycle cop fallow me down eagle today and he did not pull me over.

I wonder if he ate any rocks?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Redmist said:
So far with just the flares and no flaps I ahve yet to be pulled over again. I had a Motor cycle cop fallow me down eagle today and he did not pull me over.

I wonder if he ate any rocks?
Funny you should say that, as the ISP in our club has spoken about your rig to us. Like my rig, it is just a matter of time. When I got the ticket, I just paid it and now I take the risk whenever I run on the streets.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So the ISP knows of my rig...

Thats not good. I need to get something setup for the back and have some good ideas. I just need to make it happen.

An outlaw can only run for so long... :rotfl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts