Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be fun to do a night run! We should pick a Friday or Saturday night and meet at 8pm. Interested? Where should we go?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As discussed at last nights meeting, here are the details...

Meet at Dan's Ferry Service at 8pm on Friday, September 10th. We will run Soldier Cap in pitch black! Don't forget you flashlights & No-Doze!

Disclaimer: Because of the nature of this run, lengthy trial repairs will not be allowed. We will kindly give you a ride out, but repairs will be on your own time the following day(s) ~be prepared~

Can't wait! C-ya there...........

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well with the wonderfull hours of the new job looks like I cant go :( I would love to ride along with somebody but I wont be off work till 8:30 or 9:00 :banghead:

Have fun guys

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i'll be there. Anybody want to offer me a sofa to crash on after the run?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
umm I get friday off but I have to be at work at 6:45 a.m. saturday so Im thinking it might not be such a hot idea to go wheeling friday night. dammit dammit dammit :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Hey dave you can zonk out on my couch or floor if ya need to, just look out for the stain that matt left when he stayed. :finger:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
kinda cocky for a guy that drives a jeep :finger:

I think it was the other way around the last time us full size and jeep guys met each other on the trail........................

·
Registered
57 Posts
muddinmike said:
kinda cocky for a guy that drives a jeep :finger:

I think it was the other way around the last time us full size and jeep guys met each other on the trail........................
Just giving you guys a little crap..... :finger: No, but really if something should happen we'll be up there the next day and can/and will help out if needed...

Last time it was a Jeep you guys pulled all the way out, so I won't say anything! LOL :banghead:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
and a whole pile of heaps plugging carnage last time we were out there too........ whats really phucked is we helped the heap guys fix their junk but when it was our turn to go through they all scattered..........

·
Registered
267 Posts
???

Have you ran this trail before? Minor lifts or especially stock Jeeps/rigs could have some serious under carriage rubbing issues. Awesome trail! Just thought I'd give a heads up to people attending that are bone stock or mildly lifted. Last time we had a run up Pigeon Rd it was the most washed out and off camber in some spots that I've ever seen it. Lots of melon sized rocks and bigger. Made it more interesting but totally doable...

TJandFSJ said:
I'm leading a group up there Saturday morning.... About 8-12 of us, so if your in the way we'll move you out....LMAO :thumb: No really if you break and need a ride back up, just meet at Dan's Ferry @ 8:30 and we can drop you off.

http://p078.ezboard.com/ftreasurevalleywheelerzfrm7.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: ???

BLK79K5 said:
Have you ran this trail before? Minor lifts or especially stock Jeeps/rigs could have some serious under carriage rubbing issues. Awesome trail! Just thought I'd give a heads up to people attending that are bone stock or mildly lifted. Last time we had a run up Pigeon Rd it was the most washed out and off camber in some spots that I've ever seen it. Lots of melon sized rocks and bigger. Made it more interesting but totally doable...

TJandFSJ said:
I'm leading a group up there Saturday morning.... About 8-12 of us, so if your in the way we'll move you out....LMAO :thumb: No really if you break and need a ride back up, just meet at Dan's Ferry @ 8:30 and we can drop you off.

http://p078.ezboard.com/ftreasurevalleywheelerzfrm7.showMessage?topicID=1.topic
Yep I ran it before, in a bone stock TJ on 30"s! I didn't have any problems, and most of us that are going have mild to built Jeeps so it should be a fun run.....

·
Registered
57 Posts
muddinmike said:
and a whole pile of heaps plugging carnage last time we were out there too..........
Plugging carnage like this......

Just giving you a little (Ford) crap Mike..... :finger:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
yeah I had to jump that turd chevy :finger: I didn't hold anyone up I can fix my shit in a timely manor and get it out of the way :finger:

Shouldn't you be out waxing your jeep or something, you clean that turd more than you wheel it

·
Registered
267 Posts
Turd chevy? :finger: Hey Mike should I post the pic of my Blazer pullin you up and out of Meat grinder? :finger: He He... :finger: Good luck on the run TJ dude, read most of the profiles and specs for the attendees off of your TVW forum. Leading a run is some responsibility and safety of everyone should be first. Pretty impresive picture that you posted for everyone to see. :thumb: After all it was a bunch of jeepers who originally said no way in hell could any fullsize get through upper carnage! You gave 'em the foot to go in their mouths! :banghead: Cool!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
BLK79K5 said:
Turd chevy? :finger: Hey Mike should I post the pic of y Blazer pullin you up and out of Meat grinder?
That front end went in the dumpster so hopefully that wont happen again :mrgreen:

·
Registered
57 Posts
BLK79K5 said:
Good luck on the run TJ dude, read most of the profiles and specs for the attendees off of your TVW forum. Leading a run is some responsibility and safety of everyone should be first.
Man you must think I'm a 18yr kid or something! Yes I understand everything that goes with leading a run, not my first and won't be my last! Thanks for the concern though..... :oops:

And about the Full Size in carnage, never said it couldn't be done, just said it won't be easy. I saw lots of pics with winch lines out........ BTW if you get a chance go look at in now, I guess someone went out and did some rock placement. From what I've heard it's pretty wild...... :beer:

·
Registered
57 Posts
muddinmike said:
Shouldn't you be out waxing your jeep or something, you clean that turd more than you wheel it
Yeah your right I do keep my "Jeep" clean and waxed up, probably more than I should but thats what I enjoy doing! But the wheeling part is getting done also, it might not be "hardcore rock" wheeling but I'm on a trail 2-3 times a month. I'm always out trying to find some new trails, it gets old doing the same things every year.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We ran the trail Monday. I did not notice any major changes from any of the previous times I have run the trail. Plenty dusty. The "moondust" hill is not as bad as some prior trips. The one long hill with the bypass to the left; either choice right or left is about the same. Some washout channels down both ways, but passable. The little creek crossing by the corrals is about 12-13" deep. Have fun.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
muddinmike said:
yeah I had to jump that turd chevy :finger: I didn't hold anyone up I can fix my shit in a timely manor and get it out of the way :finger:
Who had to jump who now? :finger:

I thought the trail was a fun time. I never had to winch. I hope to come out there again next year. If gas keeps going up, I'll have to refinance my house to do it. :roll:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts