Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I made the move. I now currently live in Boise after moving from Eugene, OR 3 weeks ago.

for those who have never been to Coloradok5.com I'm Jeremy AKA 55willy.
It's a 1955 willy's wagon on a 1977 K5 chassis with 3/4 running gear.
TBi motor and sm465-205 combo. both axles are locked as are my rims :thumb:

·
Registered
234 Posts
How about that. I like to make things too. What is living in Boise after moving from Eugene OR 3 weeks ago like? . Not many people say both.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You made it! :thumb:

Some of us from this side of the state are heading up there May 8th to run the trails. You gonna make it? :deal:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
been kinda crazy in the 1st two week shere I had to go to Seattle for a 3 day class. then the following week I went to Vegas for a manufacturers show. been skiing up at Bogus and look forward to the great spring and summer weather.

I lived in Eugene for 24 years, and I don't fell the slightlest feeling of wanting to go back,LOL.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called Kevin and he said you were headed this way for a trip that weekend. I'll be able to catch a ride if theres open seats but I won't get the wagon here for a while.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sandman said:
Looks like I will have an open seat for you. :thumb:
:thumb: sweet!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome!

Glad you could finally make it. I look forward to meeting you and your rig. Please join us for any of the events you see scheduled. Later, Doug

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Welcome!

do you or kevin know of anyone with a plasma cutter and/or a welder(mig perferred)
I'm trying to get the wagon this way but I'd need these once I got it here to finish it up.

thanx in advance.
-Jeremy

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Yup I have them what do you need done?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
twistedjack said:
Yup I have them what do you need done?
Cut out my new firewall, trim my shock hoops and finish my rear bumper.

wheres the best place to get new u bolts. I played with my other new ones long enough to strip them out. I can get them made back in Eugene for $24 for the 4 any size or shape. also best place to buy steel to make my seat mounts? and best selection of bolts is where???

-Jeremy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
u-bolts- Valley spring on executive dr.
Metal- Metal supermarket just down the dtreet from them.
hardware- Industrial hardware on 48th in garden city.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Owyhee Rock Man said:
Yup here too......Along with alot of other stuff,,, but Kevin will probably make 'ya a better deal.

I have to pay the help etc......
How about a torch, I need to melt out some old bushings in my front springs?????

no wagon here yet so no hurry just needs to see who and where...

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
No torch, boise spring charges 8 bucks per U-bolt!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hhhmmmm for $8 difference I can get the others and have my brother put them on there before I go get the wagon.

Also best place for driveline work?? I need a rear one shortened.

man for every day I have been here I was in Eugene for a year. I could tell ya who had what and where and who worked that day and what the price was,LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
best place jims drivetrain. best price tims dynabalance. HUGE difference in quality though. Although six states just opened a drive line shop, I haven't had first hand experiance there though.

I think norco has a torch :finger:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
muddinmike said:
best place jims drivetrain. best price tims dynabalance. HUGE difference in quality though. Although six states just opened a drive line shop, I haven't had first hand experiance there though.

I think norco has a torch :finger:
who is NORCO? and where are they?
does tate rents have em too???

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
norco is a welding supply place that sells them. I imagine tates rents them. My pops has one but i ran it out of oxygen last week :mrgreen:

I may be able to help ya just depends when you need it done.

Mike

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
I had six states make my front shaft 3" longer. Cost was 100.00 I haven't had any problems with it. I know the shorten them it is alot cheaper.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
twistedjack said:
I had six states make my front shaft 3" longer. Cost was 100.00 I haven't had any problems with it. I know the shorten them it is alot cheaper.
wheres the 6 states here?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts