1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dang!

·
Registered
298 Posts
OH MY GOSH - as if having your Blue Oval in front of our house on Race Day wasn't enough - now I have to have a Dodge too??? What is this world coming to?????

Just kidding - I'm happy for ya!!!!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah well, it's kinda hard to turn down 417 hp and 987 lb ft of torque.:thumb: AND, around 18-20mpg. :shocked: In town. So what if it's wearing the wrong symbol. At least it's a Cummins. If it were a gasser, or an auto, then no way jose. Someone asked, how fast can you pull your trailer? How fast do you want to go?:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nice looking truck! What all does it have for those power #s?

Calculate the mileage by hand, the computer isn't accurate if the truck isn't at stock power... (reason why your getting 18-20mpg in town :rotfl:)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice looking truck! What all does it have for those power #s?

Calculate the mileage by hand, the computer isn't accurate if the truck isn't at stock power... (reason why your getting 18-20mpg in town :rotfl:)
That is by hand. It's a 6 speed manual.:thumb: WAAAY better mileage than an auto. 3 guys at my work have the same truck in a SRW and they get the same MPG. Previous owner pulled 25 MPG bobtailing to Hermiston to pick up a 36' gooseneck. And if 34 gal. of fuel isn't enough, the 100 gal. drag tank should hold me over for a while.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know if I should tell you all the mods it has... You might laugh.:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Nah... though I'd be worried if it's got the stock turbo still.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
basically it has enough done to it, to make a hell of a lot more power than it has, not sure why the numbers arent higher....

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dyno guy say: When running 4, that's right 4, feet of rubber on the ground in the back, it take away from RWHP. Basically, it loses about 125-175 horse because it's a dually. According to the dyno guy.:what: I dunno.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I've never heard anything like that for the dyno.

Sometimes stacking up all sorts of stuff is counter productive, sounds that's the case.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Nah... though I'd be worried if it's got the stock turbo still.
Naw, it's a 64mm instead the stock 48mm. Or something like that.
As far as stacking things goes, I'll admit there is the possibility there maybe be too many things. We'll see what I'm dealing with when it comes home from Cummins. Once I get a chance to play with it some, I'll have a better idea what's happening with it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ok. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm far from an expert, but I can probably point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
basically it has enough done to it, to make a hell of a lot more power than it has, not sure why the numbers arent higher....
Gotta realize, these things only come with a little over 200 horse from the factory. We're almost doubling that right now. That's hard to do on any engine with no internal mods. Most superchargers only increase power up to 50% of whatever the motor came with. And most of the time, it's less than a 50% increase. So, I think it's doing pretty good.:thumb:

It'll still pass Steve's truck on the freeway though, AND at the pump.:popcorn: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Actually the 2nd gen 6 speeds where all HO motors.

It's a late 01 or 02? (only 2 years for factory 6 speed)

The HO Cummins is 245hp, 505 ft/lbs stock at the crank. The non-HO is 235/460 for the 5 speed.

Pretty bad I remember all that :rotfl:

Gotta realize, these things only come with a little over 200 horse from the factory. We're almost doubling that right now. That's hard to do on any engine with no internal mods. Most superchargers only increase power up to 50% of whatever the motor came with. And most of the time, it's less than a 50% increase. So, I think it's doing pretty good.:thumb:

It'll still pass Steve's truck on the freeway though, AND at the pump.:popcorn: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
From what I was told, you could get both a HO and a regular 5.9 in the same year. BTW, it's an 02.5. 6 speeds have been available since 01. 3 coworkers have 01 w/ 6 speeds, and my buddy's 06 had a 6 speed in it. Good trannys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts