Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I spoke with some of you over on pirate4x4 about a month ago. I'm moving into my place in rexburg on friday but should be up for wheeling saturday assuming my rig can handle the trails. Where/when are you meeting and how can I get ahold of you? You seem to have a great group of members. Look forward to hitting the trail with you.

Oh, and on a side note: does anyone know anything about the welding class offered through continuing ed at ricks? Is it "project" friendly? I've been itching to learn so that I can play with my junk.

Thanks guys,

Eric

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
is this evilwhitney???? lol

be at the co-op at 9 on sat!!!! go out main st its on the left, past the hy way!! call me for directions, or for help moving in!!!! I have store in rexburg, so i am always there...stop by and say hi!!!!!!! my number is 208 351 8680

welcome Eric

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yep, this is evilwhitey :thumb:... I decided to go with a more politically correct name on here after catching flack for it on pirate4x4 "shaking:. I had a pretty diverse group of friends growing up in San Jose and was a fairly mischievous kid so all my friends called me evil ******. My buds from school still call me that to this day... ok, now that I've bored you all...

This is going to sound stupid but, whats a co-op? :rolleyes: Got an address I can mapquest on the co-op? I've got a couple buds that I've con'd into helping me move in on friday afternoon but I'm sure I'll be calling you for help wrenching on my rig now and then. :D

Anyone from snakeriver can feel free to give me a call if they need help with anything. (208) 757-2393. I've helped with drivetrain swaps, axle swaps, heck I even helped my bud Scott with a unimog 406 rock crawler build . Those things are HEAVY!!! It took a small army just to move the frame & axles around.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

- Eric

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
sorry. I meant valley wide co-op. its the big truck stop gas station out on main st, past the freeway! My store is the Verizon store across from taco bell on main st.

again!!!! welcome

·
Registered
401 Posts
A Co-op stands for Cooperative. Means a store where the farmers all own part and all buy from. Basically putting thier own money back in their own pockets. Anyway, if you go to main st. (Broulim's, Chads Cell Store, etc. are on Main) and go West. Just after Erickson's (car dealership) and under the overpass on the left will be a gas station/supply store. That is the co-op. Show up 5 min before 9 and you won't miss it since there will be a bunch of rigs and it is just off of the road. I am not in the club and won't be attending their run as I will be in Boise but have fun. I know Chad (cannoncrawler) and he is a good guy.

I am here in Rexburg so if you want to head out I am willing when able. You can call me too. 356-5617.
Adam

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the directions and all the help. I'll be the guy with the grey toyota, shaved head and goofy look'in grin on his face. It's been years since I've done a good trail run. Hopefully I'm not too rusty.

I've got a couple buds that might want to go too. What would you say the minimum requirements for running the trails would be? 31's? 33's? Lockers? Just trying to get an idea of who I should bring and who I should just have ride along.

Chad: good to know you've got the verizon shop, I'll send my friends your way. Better you then hummer boy over at t-mobile. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Well it sounds like everyone has pretty much covered the directions, but I'm up in Rex everyday for work, so if you ever need anything just ask. Always willing to work on someones rig. There are a few members from the club that live in Rexburg and are always itching to go wheelin at a moments notice. Frank has a white toy that is lifted and lives in university village and Lavelle is a body man @ Ericksons Pontiac.
I can't make it saturday but will be there on Friday. Looking forward to meeting and wheelin w/ ya.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
alot of what we are doing on friday and saturday is prerunning trails for the Idaho 4x4 assc.s ride in June I think Friday is rocks and sand and saturday we are heading to the mountains. Most people with a half decent rig and driving skills will probably have fun both days we have a couple of stock or really close to stock rigs in the club.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Man, I wish that I could go but $3 a gallon is going to keep the chevy in the garage for a while.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Good to know about stock rigs running the trails. I hear ya about the $3 a gallon... it's going to cost me $150 just to drive to rexburg. It's a good thing I sold my 77' ramcharger. That pig would have sucked me dry! There's a fuel injected sami in the paper for cheap that I've contemplated picking up so that I can afford to go wheeling.

I'll talk with my buds and see who's up for going. I'm always up for a spontanious wheeling trip so feel free to contact me any time. About the only reason I wouldn't go is if I'm swamped with school work (18 credits this semester) :lame: but I'll try to stay on top of things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts