Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check em out :rotfl: :rotfl: I know everyone has seen these cause Paul has em on his rig but I am pretty dang excited about it. Mabey just mabey if I push hard I can make it to Boise :rotfl: :rotfl: :banghead:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Bah....those look ugly, and they suck... :finger: :finger: :finger:
you should get some 38" TSL Radials.... THOSE are cool.... :finger: :finger: :finger:

Those are awesome dude!!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why don't you bring one of those wussy 38s over and I will have my tires kick its ass :finger: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol....you keep flappin yer jaws.....we'll settle it in the mud and snow... :finger: :finger: :finger: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In all reality after looking at the tires for about 20 min these look like they should do well everywhere. I am actually most excited about the siping in the tread because my previous swampers were basically ice skates on the icy roads :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know yet I might ask me that question after the first snow storm. It is very embarrasing to be driving some huge beastly looking 4x4 and not really able to go anywhere. At least this year it will be running that way when our road drifts over I can go clear the path for my wife :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
28 Posts
You'll love those tires. I know I do. Just did my first inaugural run with a set of those and they work very well on the rocks. Mine are 39.5/13.50R17 mounted on 17x9.5" Allied steel beadlocks. Aired down to about 3 psi, they grab like there's no tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about chunking though. The stepped lugs on the outer edge took a beating for only one trail conquered.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Jolleyman said:
You'll love those tires. I know I do. Just did my first inaugural run with a set of those and they work very well on the rocks. Mine are 39.5/13.50R17 mounted on 17x9.5" Allied steel beadlocks. Aired down to about 3 psi, they grab like there's no tomorrow. I'm a bit worried about chunking though. The stepped lugs on the outer edge took a beating for only one trail conquered.

got any pics - i saw your YJ at foothill w/o the rear susp done and wondered what size tire you were shooting for

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to highjack this thread but here's a few pics from when it was a work in progress down at Foothill Motors. Don't have any pics uploaded yet from the recent Labor Day run yet.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats great I will be running the DIY4x beadlocks soon but right now they are on just 17x9 steel rims they will be going on a blazer :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
695 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
lol....you keep flappin yer jaws.....we'll settle it in the mud and snow... :finger: :finger: :finger: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
So your saying that you have a vehicle running and capable of going off road to do this little test...... So you have only been holding out on us cause you consider us the jocks and you think that you are not cool enough to wheel with us....

Lets hit the trails and see how the tires work :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol... :finger: :finger:
Eric and I both have about the same amount of work to do on our blazers to be ready to hit the trails, so, between us, it's about even... I finally have everything ordered that I need for mine, UPS and FedEx are gonna be real regulars this week and next week... :deal: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Now, just gotta find the time to work on my stuff, instead of customers' cars :banghead: :banghead:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have actually set a goal for mine to be done it is Oct 1st my main problem is I go pretty good for a while then I get sick and it takes me a couple of weeks to get better I hopefully will be putting the trans in mine on Tuesday I will finish rebuilding the 60 tonight so hopefully put that in on Wed and Thursday. Do some work on the rear axle and put it in by Sat. And through all this be doing little bits of body work. That will take most of the week after this. Then to CBI to get bumpers. (I won the 300 dollar gift certificate at the jamoboree) I think I can be done by the 1st or pretty close. For now I am just a webcrawler :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
:deal: :deal: :deal: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts