Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have opinions on tires? I am shopping between x terrains, goodyaer mtrs, and procomp mud terrains.

it is for a daily driver that will see hard rock use. what is everyone's opinion. goota decide quick cuz that sale on pro comp's ends this month!!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
XTERRAINS!

I have read good things about them. I think they would be great.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
What size are you gonna go with Chad? I know a guy with x terrains (Kevin Reimer green sami) he loves them. They chunk a little bit in the rocks but Kevin is really hard on his stuff. I think you would be happy with any of those but I must truly say I think the MTRs are the bomb diggety I have never heard anyone complain about them :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have wheeled with kevin. thats a pretty cool little sammy. I don't know what to do. I have priced things seven ways to sunday!

37 mtrs package price 1000 roughly

35 x terrains price 890 roughly so should i save the money or go with 37's

I think 35's would look stupid on that rig.

by the way, eric I think that your truck IS really high, (sweet) but its should settle and inch or two!

·
Registered
164 Posts
love my new toyo mt's on and off the trail :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have loved my MTRs so far. they have done 99% of what I have asked them to do. only thing is (which is true for any agressive tread) KEEP THEM ROTATED...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was stuck in limbo between the size advantage of a 37 and the price advantage of a 35.
So, I am selling my terrific Mickey Thompson 33" baja Claw radials to upgrade to 36" IROC bias-ply meats.

Will let you know... The IROCs will not be daily drivers, but the Baja Claws could have been.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Blue-J said:
I was stuck in limbo between the size advantage of a 37 and the price advantage of a 35.
So, I am selling my terrific Mickey Thompson 33" baja Claw radials to upgrade to 36" IROC bias-ply meats.

Will let you know... The IROCs will not be daily drivers, but the Baja Claws could have been.
How much do you want for the 33"s?

·
Registered
530 Posts
spinach said:
Blue-J said:

How much do you want for the 33"s?

He's got an add up in the for sale section for them sneaks :thumb:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Neither of those choices.Why not look at a super swamper radials?Irok,SSR or TSL/SX .Just curious as to why you limited yourself to those 3,when you mentioned HARD rock use.Going to check some prices.......... :finger:

Edit:And if your talking aboot saving some loot,you'd be better off going S.S over the 3 you listed that i could see
Pro-comp 37" Xterrain $355
Pro-Comp Mud TA : Not available,that was the non metric size
GoodYear MTR: $215
Iroc Bias :$167 36" flavor
Iroc Rad $214 36" flav
37x14 Iroc Bias :$178
37x12.5 Rad iroc $223
SSR 37" $220
AND the MUTHA of all WHEELING TIRES
38" Thornbirds $237 .... :finger:
And these were all 4x4 mag adds,so am sure a vendor could score you better pricing or call up a few of the mag guys an make em price match each other,til you get a bottom dollar price on the meats..anywho,thats my 2 cents,and that 2 cents leans toward Super Swampers for your junk.. :finger:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Thornbirds, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, :scared: :scared:

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
The 38" swamper radials are pretty awesome tires I had them for a while I don't know about the radial IROKs but I have heard the bias plys don't last long when driven on the street. I think your rig would look better with wider tires so IMHO I would be looking at swamper radials and baja claw radials :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
530 Posts
krazytoy said:
Thornbirds, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, :scared: :scared:
hahahahahaaha shoooooooooooot those tires are the shizzle dawg.As soon as they come out with soemthing bigger then the 38.5"er i'm all over me for the blaze!Whos's coming with me..muahahahahaahaaa :finger:

·
Registered
530 Posts
bahaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaah you guys dont know what your talking aboot!!!!!!Thornbird tires are the best EVER.I'll mob all over the hood of your guys junk in 2 wheel drive open front an rear 24" of lift 8" of that thru body lift.hahahahahah :finger:

In case some of you havent figured it out yet
I'M FAWKING WITH YOU

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thorney's

I will agree that thornbirds are not the most popular, I think they are bitching!!!

i have thought for years that if they were cut properly, that they would be not only the coolest looking, but a very capable tire.

so don't knock da 'thorny's :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I was just fawkin' with ya back!!!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Chad,
I found 37" mtr's for $188 each. That is $752 plus shipping of $136.71 equals $888.71! Visit the link below to order. This is a heck of a bargain based upon my research. Sears may match this price. Wait...I am calling Sears. Ray is checking on it and will call me in a few minutes. He thinks he can match $222.18 per tire!

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?cs=37&pc=31207&rd=15&ar=1250

This does not include wheels.

Scott

1 - 20 of 22 Posts