Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the PVR website:

9/11/2007Next Race at Pleasant Valley...MUD DRAGS; TRUCKS, SNOWMOBILES, QUADS/ATV, RHINO & MORE. RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG!

Mud Drag Times Sign-up begins at Noon. Tech Gates Close 2:15, Racing Begins 3:00 p.m.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
WTF So what we are supposed to race snowmobiles??? I thought we dealt with this before.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Cool deal! I'll be there, Chris was saying he was going to run the Blazer too.

Snowmobiles would have to race each other to be fair. Won't work out if only 1 shows up though! I think you'd have to be nuts running a sled in the mud. Would be killer on the hyfax.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Now calm down there big guy. What Mark is saying is that they have had a "lot" of interest from the snowmobile, Rhino/Grizzly (those new 4 wheeler/ 2 seater things) about jumping in the mud. I told him we won't race side by side with them (we could and have changed lanes unexpectedly believe it or not:eek:) and he said he would create a class just for them.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Also, please note the change in times! Personally I like starting a little earlier and I'm sure the folks who drive from out of town would like it better too. Besides, the later times gets us home past my bed time. Mark said it helps him out too (no lights to rent).

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My biggest worry is not everyone will know about the time changes.

So please everyone go through your phone list and call everyone.

We dont want anyone to show up at five and not get to race!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yep, we defently have to spread the word, all the fliers we sent out for the summer show the old time. Its sounding like this could be a pretty big race for the end of the season, we just have to make sure we don't loose too many people because the race is too early.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It might be worth PVR to send out a new flyer to all the race entrants. 75 racers, they would be in it maybe $75 for envelopes, flyers and postage.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I posted this on the Racing West, Northwest Racer, and Northwest Race Chat boards. I'm workin it for you all. Looking forward to the 29th boys & girls. Treasure Valley Mud Slingers. Bring it.

09/14/07 08:57 PM
Saturday September 29th Pleasant Valley Raceway is proud to present the final Saturday Summer Slam event for 2007. Mud Drags and Motocross dirt slinging action that will leave you begging for more. In our first full year of Mud Drags at the strip there has been solid increases in truck turnout at each event. Last event had over 70 trucks competing and this final Mud Drag event of the season is going to be an event you won't want to miss. Some of the local competitors include Rick Jacobs in his beautiful Jeep, Darrel & Phyllis Poulter's awesome 850hp "Bad Dawg" Toyota FJ40, Glen Carston's 700hp 1953 Wild Willy's P/U, and Mark Hartnoll's 800hp Pit Rippin Willys. We are expecting out of town competitors from as far away as Utah and Nevada, and among them is none other than Leroy Latham and his absolutely stunning 1500hp "Ole 49" (1949 Ford P/U). I promise you folks, this rig is perhaps the most beautiful pure race truck you will ever see.
Here is a video of him gettin dirty at Lakview, OR. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/201b1ae7-5cb9-435d-a
18e-995900e83d2c.htm

So join us September 29th for the final Saturday Summer Slam @ Pleasant Valley Raceway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
:darn::darn::darn: forgot. Also on the southern idaho stock car message board:thumb::thumb::beer: Here's to you guys and gals... I can only do one as I'm a really cheap drunk:rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Nice post Jay, thanks for keeping the info out there.
See you there on the 29th.
X2 Jay :thumb:. We have also been amazed at how many drivers and rigs have shown up in the lower classes. We have lots of friends running in those classes. I wish I could watch more of those folks race instead of changing tires and fixing things.

We will be trying to let as many folks know as we can about the time change but I hope PV is also getting the word out. The old flyers have old times and classes listed. Like ChevyCrew said: We don't want to have folks showing up at the old time and get turned away.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was at Gabes auto parts this morning and they still have flyers up that I gave them at the beggining of the year. I think that there are 40 or so out that I put up in Nampa Caldwell. Hope this doesnt mess things up to bad.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I can get some new flyers made, if someone has the old one to modify.

It wont be of any charge, then they will just need to go out to all the places with old ones.

I even have volunteers for the distribution of flyers.

I just need a old flyer to modify, and all locations with old ones.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
maybe I'll wander over and smoke lehi one last time before parting the bronk out :deal:

Im putting the superduty in the hospitial wednseday for a hip replacment, If I get it back by friday night I just might wander over there :beer:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Yea I probably wont be running mike.

I have no tires for the brown truck and the Burb is semi retired from the mud.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Does anyone know how to contact the Rodriguez's?
Or Cheryl Green??
Or the Freeman's?
Or Mike Bishop? Don't know if they were going to drive down anymore without some cash in their classes. But it wouldn't be right not letting them know just in case they drive down for the original times.

Not sure if these racers are on Planet that much so they might not know about the time change.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts