Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, Here is the quick and dirt new softwar that I am setting up. I moved all posts over but I am not going to keep them current. When its go time I'll wipe the database and start from the top. I want you to post here what you think about colors and hacks that you would like to see. I have a portal setup but its generic. You can log in and post but I'll be wiping it out and this forum is the main one untill I'm ready.

So anyway check it out and I should be working on it over the next week or so! :thumb:

BTW: Not all the links work yet so done get surprised if stuff gets messed up.

Main Forum: http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/index.php

Main Portal: http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/portal.php

Remember, this is the raw install.

Looks like I need to add lines between post listings and stuff.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
252 Posts
I dont see a shout box and I LIKE IT-- I hate that sombitch,,, keeps refreshing about every 2 seconds on my computer even when I leave Planet, Its a real bitch when trying to type something (probably something wrong with my computer)....
I like the layout, Colors. I have always liked the home page of the Planet 4x4 ------- GREAT JOB ---- Matt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I like it too. :thumb:
No suggestions just good work. :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
muddinmike said:
so we are going to lose all old posts and pictures?
No, All posts, avatars, and attachmetns will make it accross. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for a Photo Album right now. :?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have one suggestion. Could you make it so the portal displays the top 10 threads with new responses like it does now with the scrolling recent topics window? Other than that I really don't have anything.

edit: I guess I do have one more suggestion. Could you make the quick response block at the bottom of a thread so that you don't have to click the quick response button in a post to type in it?

·
Registered
385 Posts
JoshH said:
I have one suggestion. Could you make it so the portal displays the top 10 threads with new responses like it does now with the scrolling recent topics window? Other than that I really don't have anything.

edit: I guess I do have one more suggestion. Could you make the quick response block at the bottom of a thread so that you don't have to click the quick response button in a post to type in it?
Ditto! :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think the quick reply should not be a problem.

Finally got the rotating pics to work. Had a problem with Global variables that I vould not get. Gave up and used Java. :?

Tomorow, I'll start getting the headers back in and the banner software in.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Also, one feature that I use more than any other on this site is the view posts since last visit.... :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice! :deal:

I about to open Photoshop and get busy. I'm think of something a little shorter, overlapping off the top and incorporating the same kind of logo above.

My plan it to:

- Get the header put together and up. One for the main page and one for secondary pages.
- I have new banner software, get it installed and incorporated into the forum software.
- Add in all the extra pages like articles and trip reports.
- Work on Portal page. Scrolling latest posts and I am going to add a shoutbox. Different code though.
- Forum mods like the quick reply and a few other things.
- I could not find a free photo album software near as good as the one here but I did find a "Garage" version that looks like it might be kinda cool.
- Whatever else. I'm sure there is...

:mrgreen:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, I came up with this one and I might get some together and just have a vote. 8)

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

Attachments

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Gripguru, I like it. I stuck it up and it looks good. Do you think a space between planet and 4x4 might work better?

Let me know your thoughts...

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

1 - 20 of 34 Posts