Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well finally got some shocks for the rear suspension , i couldnt make up my mind on what brand or to get regular or bypass shocks, then i saw these in some classifieds and couldnt pass them up . They are Fox 2.5 x 16 2 tube bypass shocks with a piggyback resivoir. They are pretty long 42" extended and 26" collasped.

Now i just need to get my leaf springs on order and i will be ready for some straffing runs out at the pits

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know i cant wait to get going on it i probably wont have all the parts for another month or so chritsmas wiped me out . that and i keep changing my mind on how i want the bedcage to look dual vertical mounted spares or just a single . i think i want to run dual vertical spares so when i head up to the dune can put a set of paddles in there the change at the dunes.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Those look really sweet man. Have you done much looking on the TTORA board for how the prerunner guys are running their suspensions... I know a few of them have some pretty sweet set ups....Also check out how these guys are building theirs... http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/

Can't wait to see it in action though....

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya ive been following that red tacoma since the begining its the same as mine i except i have the 3.4 v-6 . my rear will be a deaver 62" pack and the shackles mounted on top of the frame with shock hoops out of the bed and spare tire carrier

I think i wanna go like this

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Those are some long shocks.

Baja Travis said:
Now i just need to get my leaf springs on order and i will be ready for some straffing runs out at the pits
What pits are you talking about?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The area just before Simco road on the right hand side of the highway heading towards GrandView. I dont know the real name for it thats just what i was told it was called .

Is it not legal to ride out there ? I've seen people riding out there and shooting there too .

I think its unsafe to be shooting out there since it looked more for offroad vehicles .

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
It is called the Grandview Sandwash area. Check out the post from Wild West. That is where we are doing are cleanup in April. Also we are trying to save the area. Right now itis good to go and play but unless A land swap is worked out with the Feds it will be shut down. As for the shooters they have the same right as everyone else. I like to wheel but I love to just go shoot too. It is usually whoever is there first has the right of way.:jeep:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts