Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to say that i made the buy of alifetime lastnight! I bought a 89 ramcharger for $500! it has injection, a 6 inchc lift and 38 inch swampers! the cruise control even works! look out now the build starts. i will have pics soon!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
That sounds like a heck of a deal!

What kind of shape are the swampers in?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Patience often pays off! Nice work!
I have a soft spot for Chargers. My first 4x4 was an 83'. Who is good at welding rear ends?

Who has a plasma cutter?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
congrats Chad on getting the Charger, sounds like a bombproof builder.
I saw a plasma cutter in the Thrifty last week for about $500.00, I begged and begged but the wifey said no :(
I'm up in Rex for work alot if you ever need an extra set of knuckles to bleed.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the swampers are about at a third tread. scott and i took it up to play last night and promptly got stuck in about 2 inches of goo. ( open diffs suck) plus no front driveline i have a spare driveline but it needs lenghtened. I will bring the truck to the meeting this friday to show!.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HERE IS A PICTURE

Here is a picture! nice eh? after driving it a couple days, I am getting to know the bugs. the front passanger hub is gone, the truck leaks oil a little onto the exhaust, just enuff to smell. no seatbelts, and the bias ply's are poop on the road. but she will be ready for this weekend!..

if anyone want to buy some bias ply's for cheap?!!!!

anyone got some radials for sale? 35 or bigger is prefered

Attachments

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
another picture

heres another one

Attachments

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tires

yes they are 38/13/with a 16 inch rim. if anyone wants to buy them i will sell them or trade for a used radil set!

i am also learning about the 241 t- case. i still have some research to do, but it looks like a klune-v will bolt directly between the tranny and case. i sure hope so! if anyone can help me find these out let me know.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tires

I don't know. they are down to the wear bars. I will have pics tonight. I thought maybe 200 for the set. I also need some radials, so we could trade for some money too!

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I have 38" TSL Radials, bu they are all 80% tread or better, and i'm not sure I want to sell/trade them. the money would have to be right.

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TIRE PICTURES

HERE ARE PICTURE OF THE TIRES SORRY I DIDN'T HAVE ANY CHANGE IN MY POCKET

Attachments

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
chad,

Those pics of your tires suck. How is the progress on the driveline going?

Kudos on the charger!

scott

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey bite me! its the best i got! i will get the drive line on tonight! i will be ready for this weekend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts