Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was contacted by Josh Sutherland, who builds RC buggy replicas.

Some of you might have seen his Shannon Campbell replica in the first Crawl magazine. The guy does amazing work!

Well he did one of the Deliverance chassis, and I have been working with him on it getting some of the details of the chassis worked out. Other than stickers, he is just about done with it, and here are a few pics.

Even the detail of the muffler, the OMF beadlocks and other things are there!

Even the PRP logo :D

This is a real working RC 4wd buggy, it will even do front digs by unlocking the rear dline and holding the brakes in back and running it in front wheel drive....A true twin stick concept :D

for cost....He built this for him self, (he usually sells them), but he has about 2k into building this with all of the electronics and parts.

:beer::beer::beer: to Josh :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's the coolest thing ever. If I had 2 grand laying around to blow, I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A while back there was talk of a Trailready UROC buggy electric RC showing up on Wal-Mart shelves. I never saw it happen but I did see a cheesy knockoff in Radio Shack once.

My brother in law was the spotter for Trailready, and I ran crew/photography for them as a fill in. I thought it would've been cool to have that little piece of goofy memoribilia on my own shelf.

I think RC cars are the one actual toy I'll never grow out of. Not counting lifesize motorized things of course.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm...I may have meet you then. I know Larry pretty well, as once upon a time I used Trail Ready BL's and I used to run UROC and RCAA.

I used to race a RC10 on an indoor dirt track and actually have a couple of trophies from it. I still have my RC car stuff, I wish I had more time to break it out and play with it again.

You may remember this buggy?

·
Registered
65 Posts
It looks vaguely familiar but I haven't been out in some time. I think the last event I went to was Cedar City 04. It might have been 05, I can't remember. Larry still had the old Liberty Buggy back then.

·
Registered
496 Posts
AWSOME!:bowdown:

You had better buy that one Shane! That is the best form of flattery right there.

I want one of the Phoenix chassis!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts