Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here is how Steve and I spent Father's Day....

Attachments

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Sweet bumper gents. Now get your behind to the sand and lets see the pre-runner in action!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would love too, but first we need to finish the bumper. Didn't much more than one day to work on it. So really, Steve built this one really quick. Just needs a little more TLC and it will be ready to roll. Now I just need to save my pennies to do my SAS so the bumper looks like it belongs on the truck....

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
That's a killer bumper. I really like how you angled the stinger up more at the top. I just have one question. Is that angle or square tubing on the bottom and why didn't you use regular tube and make one continuous lower hoop rather than splice in the angled side pieces and lower piece? Not trying to knock it or anything just curious.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is angle down on the bottom, but he welding in flat on the sides and on the bottom to make it basically like a rectangle box that slides over the frame. Didn't use one solid hoop on the bottom cause I wanted to keep as much clearance on the bottom as I possibly could. Also the piece of angle that I have the close up of Steve welding on, is not part of the bumper that is the new crossmember that Steve made to mount the skid plate too, cause my old factory one was trashed, and we are going to have 3-4 bolts going through it and the bottom of the bumper. When down this is going to be one really really stout bumper with have a total of 13-14 bolts holding that thing one there and completely wrapping the frame amoung other mounting points for leverage....

Kenny, I totally agree, I love it without the factory tupperware...

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
still looks gay.... :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

nah, Steve's work is always top notch! :beer:

·
Registered
550 Posts
That looks way killer, hope to have Steve do some work on my rig someday so it doesn't look so :gay:

·
Registered
25 Posts
SWEET JESUS MAN!!!!! are you clearing cows off the tracks for UPRR now or what???? NICE WORK STEVIE...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts