Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a little new to muddin and offroading and everything, but im 17 and for awhile ive been takin my ford expedition with some friends and their trucks out in the mud and ****. Anyway, ive been thinking about gettin upgrades like new tires and all. Can anyone fill me in on some things like what else i might need, prices, and tips. I could use the help because im truck illiterate.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Yah safety stuff is paramount. The tow strap and hi lift plus solid tow points front and rear. Don't even mess around with building something you don't like cause you will never get the money out of it that you put into it.

As long as you like your current vehicle enough to put some money into it. A lift and bigger tires would be very high on my list. Then either a locker (gets you into more trouble) or a winch ( gets you out of said trouble) Also if you plan to do any rockrawling of any kind rocker protection is manditory. If you go this far you will have probably wheeled enough to figure out what you like and don't like.

As for money well I hope you have a good job or rich parents. This hobby of ours is not cheap.

Good peice of advice dont' spend money on fru fru stuff. Get stuff that functions, you can make a build alot cheaper by looking for used stuff.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i would have to agree with Eric dont buy stuff just because it looks good get it because it works!

i would recomend talking to Steve at CBI offroad in idaho Falls he could get you lined up with some good starters like Rock Sliders, the tow points you need, recomend the lift and sugest tires for what you are doing, that and he is an honest 4X4 builder not out to ass rape you like some others in town and trust me i have been to all the others!!! Ouch...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts