Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

new Jeep

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  verceingetorix 
#1 ·
i am buying a new vehicle, we are getting rid of our car and buying somthing else i sugested to my wife she could start driving my truck, i want to use my vehicle for mud off road use, and i would buy somthing new like a jeep, i am looking into the new four door jeep rubicon any sujestions or hearings on the new jeep?

#5 ·
lol im going to put a state of the Art viper securtiy system on it locked in my garage...

went to Jackson hole today on the job and test drove one if the guy will haggle on the price going to order one on saturday! 36000.00 holy shit!!!

#8 ·
A fully loaded 4 door JK lists at something like $33k, so you're being charge a "premium" - another word for "we got it and you don't." Order one from Ron Sayer or Rexburg/Blackfoot/Poked/SLC and be patient - you'll save thousands. Especially if you go to a real city, like SLC.

One way to shop is to get online quotes. A friend of mine emailed the 6 closest Ford dealers, then 2 from SLC and 2 from Boise, when he wanted to buy a loaded hugedamncab Ford F-250 with the forced induction 6.0 oil-burner. Half of them answered back with quotes. The haggling dropped a few more. By the time he was done he beat the Broadway Ford price by something like $12k. It's not a bad approach.

Besides a few nits, I've heard nothing but great things about the JKs. The 2 door won the TOTY contest with one of those wheelin' rags. The 4 door came in second. You can get 35" tires under it with a 3" lift and 37s with 3" lift and some trimming. It doesn't have a slip yoke, but I seem to remember some whining about the rear driveshaft...something's amiss with it. The aftermarket already has replacements (as does the everpresent Woody) and their jammin' right now with all sorts of toys. Spitting stuff out left and right. Oh...and they've FINALLY stopped making the weaker D-44. The D-44 on the Rubicon versions has D-30 knuckles and calipers up front, but other than that you're looking at solid chunk of axle, housing, and tubes that can handle 35s easily and 37s with care. I'd buy one in a heartbeat, if I could.

After all I've read, though, you'll probably get your top of the line Viper alarm system stolen before it's out of the box. Better consider the bike and helmet a bit harder. I mean...if for no other reason, to avoid the painful re-entry into this place when you've just finished filing yet another police report with IF's finest...

-Mikey-

#9 ·
Travis, save your money and drive something older. The last thing you need is 30K more debt. Life is a lot more enjoyable without a bunch of liabilities out there hanging over your head.

#12 ·
im starting to thing this is a good idea payment is around 640.00 a month with insurance dunno what im going to end up doing!

#11 ·
First, let me say I am not a big fan of Jeeps at all. I was impressed with how quiet the one I drove was. It was a soft top and 75 mph you could hold a conversation at a regular level. I thought it lacked a little in power. I drove the Auto one. I priced one out. Sticker on the one I liked was 34k. That included the due tops. Didn't have the GPS or fancy radio but had the Rubicon Package. At that price you can buy a new Dodge Diesel pickup. If it wasn't for the high price I'd consider buying one. I think it would be a great vehicle at 25k. I just think that it is too much money for what it is. And then knowing it will lose 10-15k in the first 3-4 years is another deterant. I think these might be good used values in a few years.

#13 ·
You could pick up a lot of different rigs and be way happier withuot the payment. Good luck and sometimes a short term loss is a long term gain. Yea, maybee it's not new, but then you can use it hard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.