Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: I can't figure out what I want to do with the 2500 I wanted 35x12.50 bogger tsl's but it has occored to me that with the weight of my rig will tear up the boggers. The size is right but I don't know what tires and wheels to get because I don't know much about tread hardness and how well they hold up and I need some more advice....if I do indeed stay with the borrger tsl's how much life you think I will get out of them?

·
Registered
38 Posts
AFAIK, "boggers" are different than "TSLs".

Both are tires made by Super Swamper (Interco) but they each wear very differently on the road. A bogger will wear much faster than a TSL, and if all you are looking for is tread life, you might look into a AT tire like the BFG AT or maybe Goodyear MTRs or Toyos or something that have smaller tread blocks

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I have had freinds who drove boggers on the street on full size trucks who got about 5000 miles out of them. They do not last well on the street. I would get a radial type tire I have had good expierance with swamper TSL radials had 38s and have had several freind who have had 36s get em siped and they last longer than you think they will. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
jode said:
AFAIK, "boggers" are different than "TSLs".

Both are tires made by Super Swamper (Interco) but they each wear very differently on the road. A bogger will wear much faster than a TSL, and if all you are looking for is tread life, you might look into a AT tire like the BFG AT or maybe Goodyear MTRs or Toyos or something that have smaller tread blocks
FYI TSL/Bogger

For the question of the thread, I *personally* would try to find a tire with at least a D load rating for a 3/4ton pickup, but that is because I know I would not want to loose the functionality of the truck. If you don't plan to haul anything I guess it all depends on how long of a tread life you want and how aggressive of a tire you want. The only Interco product I have used was the Trxus M/T on a 92 half ton chevy. I never tried them on rocks so I don't know how well they perform there, but I can say they were the best mud/snow tires I have ever used. I only had it for a few thousand miles before I sold the truck I had them on, but supposedly they get good mileage before they wear out. I have some 33x10.50 BFG MT km tires now on my dd S10. I have put about 8000 miles on them and they are still looking pretty good. I got them siped and they perform admirably in all conditions. Nothing to write home about, but I haven't been disappointed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well thats a new term for me what is this "siped" and yes i understand what you mean about the tsl and bogger but when you say bogger tsl's here in middletown ohio everyone knows what your talking about lol. But I'm looking for a tire that is gonna get mud, pavement, and rock and hopefully get good mileage out of them but I want 35's and also I wanted to know what brand/type of rims to go with that arn't gonna empty my wallet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
siping is when we cut small slices across the top of your tire. this helps with traction in snow and rain and also prolongs the life of the tire . by keeping heat out of it witch is the number one killer in tire wear.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thanks I'll look those up and see what I can find. Also thanks for the siping advice should I just do that myself or is there somewere that I can take them to be done?

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
siping

any tire shop will or should be able to do it............ :thumb: :thumb:

usually a small charge :thumb:

·
Registered
50 Posts
any les schwab would be more then happy to sipe your tire we charge 11 bucks a tire . while your there check out are new toyo mt this is a great streetable off road tire good luck

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
There aren't any Les Schwabs in OHIO.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
There aren't any Les Schwabs in OHIO.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha yea I sittin here thinking wtf is that and yea thanks for the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts