Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just heard about you guys in Peterson's 4wheel & Off-Road.

I guess I should introduce myself. My name's Tim. I'm fairly new to the area, I've been attending College in Rexburg for the last 2 years. My Mom and sister also just moved to Rigby.

I'm just getting the loose ends tied up on my '75 Chevy K10 and I'd like to take it out and learn the ropes of offroad driving. Where I lived before I never had a chance to learn, and wasn't really aware of any 4x4 clubs in the area.

My 2nd project is a '53 Willys M38A1 (CJ-5) that is in pieces, but set up for a SBC. Hopefully, I'll be able to make some progress on it over Christmas vacation. I really only have re-assembly left if I decide to put it back to the 283 powered form it was before I got it, but I'm concerned that the stock Dana 25 (27?) front axle and 2 piece Dana 44 rear won't hold up to the abuse. I bought a thrashed and rusted out '72 Wagoneer for parts for it, but I can't decide which way to go. The Wagoneer probably only needs plates and a new floorboard before it would be ready for the dunes, but I have these crazy ideas of either putting the wagoneer stuff in the M38A1, or making the Wagoneer into a Buggy, and going some other route with the M38A1.

When do you guys meet? How can I join?

Is there anyone from Rexburg in the club?

Tim Aka "K10Frankenstein"
(If you saw my truck, and knew it's history, you'd understand.)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Tim,

Check out http://www.snakeriveroffroaders.com/ thats the official site and has info on joining etc. There are several people in the club from Rexburg and there are a ton more like myself that are loosely associated with the club. Everyone in the club is great and have a lot of fun. I'm attending BYUI as well and live over at brighton apts #204. Give me a call sometime at (208) 757-2393. I'd love to see your projects and lend a helping hand if needed.

-Eric

what am I doing awake at this hour:rolleyes:... I have class in three hours... I bow :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: to my 4x4 addiction :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

·
Registered
401 Posts
I am also in Rexburg and do a lot with the SRO. They meet the last Thursday of the month @ 7:00 PM in Idaho Falls at the Godfather's Pizza, located at 1680 1st Street. It's the corner of Woodruff and 1st. I'd like to see what you are working on too. Post up some pictures. I like to think I know most of the rigs in Rexburg. Maybe I've seen yours. If you head out wheeling, you can call me @ 356-5617.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Come see what we are about. See you on the 26th.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am also in Rexburg and do a lot with the SRO. They meet the last Thursday of the month @ 7:00 PM in Idaho Falls at the Godfather's Pizza, located at 1680 1st Street. It's the corner of Woodruff and 1st. I'd like to see what you are working on too. Post up some pictures. I like to think I know most of the rigs in Rexburg. Maybe I've seen yours. If you head out wheeling, you can call me @ 356-5617.
Here's some old pics of my '75, as it was when I got it:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2353734/1

It's quite different now. :thumb: I wish I had a camera so I could take some updated pics of it. I posted a pic of my M38A1 to my Avatar.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hmmm, anybody else notice his 4:20 am posting??? I had a roommate in college that was all about the 4 20.....:smokin: :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Nope, just finishing up Bill's rock sliders and delivering his ride to his door late night. :thumb: Tim, give me a call, we're headed down to the shop today to wrench on my rig and work on my buddy Eric's (BlazinZuk on here). Let me know if you want to come down and check things out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgot to add, if you want to see my K10, it's at the school Auto shop right now, as we are doing some electrical work to it. Look for the truck with the topper.

K10Frankenstein

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Awesome, another project to work on. Tim if you ever need any help wrenching or a place to wrench let us know, we all love to help. As Ozzy said we are going to be working on Erics Blazer here soon, it's actually electrical as well. We are in the middle of putting a completely new wiring harness in it.
Hopefully we'll see ya around:drive::thumb:
Cory

·
Registered
401 Posts
Come see what we are about. See you on the 26th.
I will be going to this meeting so if you want a ride I will have a seat for you. Just let me know.:thumb:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome Tim... As you can see there's a number of members in and around Rexburg. Keep in touch, always something going on near by.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Welcome Tim we also have a club run on saturday to blackfoot, if you like mud this is the run for you. We are meeting at 10am at CBI off road in Idaho Falls I dislike electrical but have a much better understanding after Jarrod basically did most of the rewiring of my truck, I actually think I might be able offer advice to someone now instead of just looking confused

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hi guys. I guess I had better introduce myself as well. I'm Mike Olsen and I currently run a 1990 Geo Tracker with a 2" coil spacer lift and LT235/75R15 Kumho Mud Terain tires. I've added a transfer case skidplate, 94 amp GM alternator, stripped the rear bumper skin off, and crushed the driver's side rocker panel while out wheeling.

Future plans include the following:

a) custom air intake
b) Calmini header
c) rock sliders
d) 3" body lift
e) front diff skid plate
f) belly (transmission) skidplate
g) lower a-arm brace
h) custom front and rear bumpers
i) 15" x 8" wheels with 2.75" back spacing
j) 31" or 32" tires
k) Samurai transfer case doubler (any free cases out there?)
l) spray on bedliner over rockers and bottom 1/2 of doors
m) CB radio and antenna
n) rock lights
o) driving and fog lights
p) overhead console (cb mount?)
q) shovel and axe mounts
r) 6,000 lb mile marker winch front
s) 2,500 lb mile marker winch rear
t) POWER STEERING!!! (any one seen any tracker/sidekick sources?)
u) Bushwacker Samurai cut out pocket style fender flares
v) Toyota CV shafts
w) 3" gas tank lift

No gaurentees as to how soon any of this will happen but I thought I would throw a laundry list of items out there for consideration. I do have some of the items rounded up but now I just need to find time to play with things. Having a full time job, family and going back to school is really cutting in to my free time but I wouldn't change it for the world right now.

I'll try and make it to the club meeting next week, but I might be tied up with parent teacher conference; I don't know yet.

With the number of people in the Rexburg area we might need to have a little meet and greet up here on night. Just a thought.

Look forward to getting to know you guys and getting some wheeling done.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome Tim we also have a club run on saturday to blackfoot, if you like mud this is the run for you. We are meeting at 10am at CBI off road in Idaho Falls I dislike electrical but have a much better understanding after Jarrod basically did most of the rewiring of my truck, I actually think I might be able offer advice to someone now instead of just looking confused
Sounds like fun, wish I could make it, but it's my Brother-in-law's birthday, so I'm going to be spending the day with them

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I also wanted to add that I'm really overwhelmed by the friendliness of this group, I'm not used to this kind of a reception! I hope you guys are still as friendly once you see the junk I'm trying to 4x4 with! :drive::darn:

Here's some pics of my 1953 M38A1

I'll post some current pics of the other two as soon as I have access to another digital camera. (Anyone in the Rigby area willing to take some pics for me?)

Thanks guys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts