Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The fenders have been a problem for me... I have been pulled over three times so far in about a 6 month period. All but one was a warning. So thats 1 ticket for the comp cut.

None of the cops care about the front, Just the back. I have some ideas for getting it covered up so I am more legal. It is always fun trying to tell the Officer exactly why I have them cut up. "I keep ripping the fenders off on the rocks sir." The rocks? So you were in an accident?" "No sir its umm off road stuff." "Right.... Well its extreme."

I had one little officer that could hardly see over the window and into the cab. He ran up and said "YOU ARE TO EXTREME FOR THE ROAD!" It was funny as hell!

I need to get it fixed though.

Specs are 2.5" OME Short arm Mix of JKS/Nth/stock control arms. Comp Cut/ Flat fender to clear 35" Xterrains 3.5" BS Soft 8's Stock Rubi Lockers and axles, Alloy USA Shafts in the back (I am still running the stock fronts:thumb: ) Nth Tummy Tuck, PSC Crusher corners, Sprort Cage, Nth pan skid, M-8000, HAM Radio, and I am fabing up a front bumper for it.

Some other crap but you get the idea.

I do have an M-Tech bender with a 1&3/4" Die if anyone needs something bent. We built this with the bender as our first project:

I am going to do the claytons stretch on it this coming spring and have started to set piece the stuff togeather for a fuel system using the RCI cell from summit.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The fenders have been a problem for me... I have been pulled over three times so far in about a 6 month period. All but one was a warning. So thats 1 ticket for the comp cut.

None of the cops cares about the front, Just the back. I have some ideas for getting in covered up so I am more legal. It is always fun trying to tell the Officer exactly why I have them cut up. "I keep ripping the fenders off on the rocks sir." The rocks? So you were in an accident?" "No sir its umm off road stuff." "Right.... Well its extreme."

I had one little officer that could hardly see over the window and into the cab. He ran up and said "YOU ARE TO EXTREME FOR TEH ROAD!" It was funny as hell!

I need to get it fixed though.

Specs are 2.5" OME Short arm Mix of JKS/Nth/stock control arms. Comp Cut/ Flat fender to clear 35" Xterrains 3.5" BS Soft 8's Stock Rubi Lockers and axles, Alloy USA Shafts in the back (I am still running the stock fronts:thumb: ) Nth Tummy Tuck, PSC Crusher corners, Sprort Cage, Nth pan skid, M-8000, HAM Radio, and I am fabing up a front bumper for it.

Some other crap but you get the idea.

I do have an M-Tech bender with a 1&3/4" Die if anyone needs something bent. We built this with the bender as our first project:

I am going to do the claytons stretch on it this coming spring and have started to set piece the stuff togeather for a fuel system using the RCI cell from summit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts